Chapter 10

Beckett pov...
Castle and I go back to my apartment and call over Lanie and the guys so we can talk.

Lanie arrives first and hugs me and asks me "first how come you didn't tell you two were together let alone engaged and pregnant". I respond with "I did tell you". She starts to get annoyed and says "not straight away". I explain "we couldn't tell anyone incase were weren't allowed to keep working together and we only just got engaged less than a day before we told you and I only found out I was pregnant from Gates". "Wait you found out you were pregnant from Gates how is that possible" she asked. I then told her about how I had to take the renewal tests for my job and one of the tests showed I was pregnant. Lanie then understands why we didn't tell her and isn't mad at us anymore.

Ryan and Espo arrive and we all sit down. Espo asks "why didn't you tell us that Castle was training to become a detective?"

Castle responds that he didn't train as he had already put in all the work he just had one days of tests before he became a detective. The guys congratulate him and say Ryan how he will most likely be the only best selling author to become a detective. Castle responds in a childish way by saying "I know right, I'm special". At this comment we all start to laugh.

We talk over random things for a while until the pregnancy comes up. When I get asked how far along I am I say that I'm not quite sure and we have a scan tomorrow after the ceremony to find out.

I remembered that we forgot to tell them that they all have the day off tomorrow and we will be on call the day after so we don't have to show up it the prescient under Gates orders before we all actually have to go back to work.

Ryan then has to go home and will see us tomorrow. Espo leaves with him.

Lanie then says we have to give her a copy of the scan we get tomorrow so we are having dinner at her place. Castle and I agree so she leaves.