Chapter 47

Castle pov...

I have a meeting Gina about my next book at lunch. I organised with Gates to have extra time in my lunch break to go to the meeting.
I haven't told Kate that I finished the book as I want it to be a surprise for her.

We have no case at the moment so we are just working on paperwork. Ryan, Espo, Kate and I spent have spent the morning talking and doing our work. It gets to lunchtime and I get up.
I tell them that I'll be back soon, I have a meeting. They nod and I leave.

I go into Gina's office and see copies of my new book in the cover I chose. Gina sees me looking at says "loved the book, it's being released next week. I can't hold back a book tour any longer, it will be in two months time for ten days. It's the shortest I could make it and I have put them off for you already, I know you want to be home for your family but the fans want more."
I nod and say "alright, thanks"
She nods and says "release night will be a release party and signing, only a few hours with limited fans"
We discuss the rest of the details and she hands me a folder of information on the tour with dates, places and flights.
We finish up and I head back to the precinct with the folder and a copy of the book for Kate.

I head back to my desk after putting the book down on Kate's desk. Ryan, Espo and Kate are coming out of the break room so I sit down. Espo asks "where have you been?"
I say "had a meeting with Gina"
Kate asks "is everything alright?"
I nod and say "mostly, I have to go on a tour soon and a release party next week"
Ryan asks "a release party?"
I nod and say "yeah my new book has been published faster this time as I spent longer writing it and they want it out as soon as they can"
Kate says "I haven't seen this book"
I smile and say "it's on your desk"
She walks over and picks the book up. She says "nice cover, when did you finish it?"
I say "a few weeks ago, I wanted it to be a surprise"
She opens the book and says "I love the dedication"
Espo asks "what does it say?"
I say "To my amazing family, my mother, wife and four children who inspire and support me in everything I do. This book is here because of you."