Chapter 12

Beckett pov...
We get to the doctors and wait for our appointment as we do I start to get nervous but I don't know why.

The doctor calls us in and starts the scan. The first question I ask is how along am I, the doctor says that the babies are 10 weeks along. I think that about right then realise he said babies and ask did he say that their was more than one. The doctor tells us "Sorry, I thought you knew you are having twins".

I was so surprised. When we saw the ultrasound it made it even more real as we could see the twins bodies. We got multiple copies of a photo of the scan and left after we booked our next appointment in a few weeks when we can find out the genders of the twins.

I don't feel like waiting so we go straight to Lanie's place so I can tell her the news.

She wonders why we arrive so early, instead of telling her I give her one of the copies of the scan. She looks at it and says "your kidding Kate you are having twins" which causes me to laugh and just nod.

We talk and after a while the guys arrive for dinner also so we tell them that we are having twins, they are shocked. Ryan asks how far along I am and I tell him 10 weeks, he asks us are we excited for the next scan as he know that we get to find out the gender.

Castle surprises me by saying "he doesn't really care what gender they are as they will be perfect either way".