Diagon Alley

September 1st is the day every child looks forward to.

Why?

Hogwarts.

Every witch, and wizard is always looking forward to the first day of Hogwarts, whether you are a new student, or a returning one.

And oh boy Harry was excited.

It was not September 1st yet, but it would be in a week, and he needed to get his school supplies.

He got his letter that day, and even though he knew he was going to go to Hogwarts all his life, getting the letter, your Hogwarts letter, seeing it is addressed to you, seeing the words saying you have been accepted, it makes everything real.

He waited to go to Hogwarts for 11 years. Sure muggle school was fine, but it wasn't the same, his experience was not the greatest, and when his dad attempted to teach him maths, it was rubbish, he was happy he didn't have to deal with that anymore, or any muggle school for that matter.

He ran out of his room at full speed, and almost fell down the stairs with excitement. His mother was supposed to take him to Diagon Alley to get his school things. He was excited because unfortunately he couldn't really spend too much time with her because she was really busy; whether it be with tours, performances, interviews, song writing, or music composing. She was a busy woman, and as much she loved her son, she did tend to put her work over him.

So he was excited that he got to spend the day with her.

He went down the stairs slower this time, and passed the music room, and went into the living room, and he saw his dad pacing.

"Hey dad." He said. "Where's mum?"

His dad seemed hesitant to say anything, and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. "Well Harry..."

"Yeah?"

"She had to leave."

Harry stared at his dad. "Why?"

His dad went to the couch, and sat down. He signalled for him to sit down beside, and once Harry did he continued, "Her manger called, the one that does all the shows for the magical world," his dad moved his hands as he spoke, "And well apparently there was an emergency, and she had to leave." His dad looked at him sadly. "She says she is sorry."

Harry sighed, upset. He really should have been expecting this, the news, and the music industry had such a control, and patrol on her life, and their lives. It affected them; he had gotten used to it, but still, he wished they were a normal family. He really should not have gotten his hopes up, that was his fault.

He looked at his dad, and gave a quick smile to let him know not to worry about it. "Oh." Harry said. "Well, that is okay, we still get to go, so..." He scratched the back of his neck. "It is no problem."

His dad gave a little sad smile knowing that his son was very much covering up how upset he was. He got up. "You sure you're alri-"

"Yep!" Harry interrupted. "I am fine." He got up, and looked at his father. "Ready to go?"

His dad nodded, and stood up. He changed the tune to something more positive. "So I bet you're excited to go to Hoggywarts?" He asked Harry as they went out the door.

Harry gave a small chuckle. "It's Hogwarts dad," his dad looked at him sheepishly at the mispronunciation, "and yes I am more than excited, I have been waiting for this moment for so long."

They walked through the neighbourhood. It consisted of pretty large fancy houses that looked the same. They chose this area when they moved again because it was close to a place that had a Wizarding entrance for his mother to go to work everyday, but it was still muggle friendly for his father, and close to the music industry he worked at.