Some Things Just Needed To Stay A Secret

Jasper woke up first, as usual. He was lying on the floor, he looked around, and saw the rest of the Hufflepuff first years still sleeping around him. He again had a pretty peaceful night, he only woke up once.

Around 7:00, and 7:30 the others started to stir, and get up, Dorothy complaining how much her back hurt from sleeping on the floor. Penelope, and Marty were now sitting in the chairs waking up Jonathan, and Gifford. Dorothy put Venom right in front of Harry's face, so when he woke up he screamed, waking Gifford, and Jonathan right up.

"HAHAHAHA!" Dorothy was laughing her head off. "Did you see your face? You were so scared!"

Harry stared at her. "Thanks Dorothy."

Dorothy snorted, and picked up Venom the teacup spider.

"You know, you're supposed to change it back right?" Jonathan told Dorothy.

"Yeah, but Venom is cute."

The other Hufflepuffs exchanged looks.

"Wait a minute." Jasper said suddenly. He looked around, and saw there was another person with them in the room, a person they had never seen before. The person had blue eyes, brown hair, a rounder face, with a smaller nose. "Who are you?"

The person looked at them all. "You know who I am, I'm Maryrose."

Jasper stared at her, forgetting about her metamorphosis abilities. "You are?"

Maryrose jumped up. "I'll be right back." She ran out of the room.

Penelope said "In her sleep, her features change, so she wakes up as a new person. We all thought it was cool, but Maryrose says otherwise."

Maryrose came back a few minutes later looking like Maryrose, except she had brown eyes, and teal hair. The others had noticed that she kept the same facial structure she had, but changed her eye, hair colour, and length depending on the day.  

They walked down to the Great Hall, and ate their breakfast. Jasper was getting worried because he still hadn't gotten a letter from his brothers yet, but he just hoped it was because of the bad weather they had been having.

They went to Charms class, the Professor was named Flitwick, and he was quite short. They were learning the levitation charm. "Now remember class, swish, and flick."

They practised that for the majority of the class, Jasper asking many questions about it, and different types of charms. At the end of the class, everyone had succeeded. Dorothy needed more help with it because she was very aggressive with her wand movements, and almost hit Professor Flitwick when trying to float her feather. Penelope told her she needed to be more gentle, and she helped Dorothy float the feather.

The Hufflepuffs went down to the Great Hall to eat their lunch, students finally getting used to Jasper having pink hair, and by now it was pastel coloured. Again, the only one that seemed truly bothered by it, and kept staring was Mulciber, and other Slytherins. Harry noticed this, and looked at Jasper who seemed not to notice, and if he did he was unbothered.

Most of the Great Hall was chatting in excitement about the flying class this afternoon, Harry overheard Derek Bell, the Gryffindor team captain talking excitedly to his best mates, Billius Weasley, and Alex Timminan about it.

The Hufflepuff first years headed down to the pitch excited to finally see James Potter catch the gumball in person, Cara, and Wally were coming as well with the rest of the Hufflepuff team to see what they could be up against next year. The Ravenclaw quidditch team came as well, and surprisingly so did Slytherin.

Jasper was hopping, up, and down with excitement, as they all sat in the stands. Jasper was going to sit in the front, but Marty said the higher you are the better view you get, so Jasper sat at the very top.