A Bad Influence

The first week back at Hogwarts went smoothly.

Well almost.

They were back for the first flying class of the new term. Harry still hated the class, but he did get on the broom, (which was an improvement) and tossed the quaffle around with Jasper, Ian, and another Ravenclaw boy named Anthony Goldsparks.

Ian, and Jasper were the most skilled in the group. Harry was, of course, awful due to his fear of heights, and he did not have a talent for flying like some of the other kids. Anthony just was really wobbly, and sometimes had trouble catching the quaffle, so Jasper would give him some pointers here, and there throughout the class hoping that would help him improve, and lessen his chance of almost falling.

After most of the class was back on the ground, Anthony approached Jasper. He was staring at Jasper's pink hair. "How did you do that? I have seen you with it a couple of times."

"It's a hair changing spell!" Jasper replied. "The incantation is Crunius Muto. I would suggest you have an older student do it for you if you ever want to try it out. It's a bit tricky to get right."

Anthony nodded. "Thank you. What made you choose pink out of all the colours?"

"Well the first time Maryrose did it, and she didn't mean for it to be pink, and the second time was myself because why not! And the third time was a Slytherin because–"

"Because Slytherins are gits?" Anthony finished.

Jasper bit his lip. "Well, I am sure not all are."

"The ones I've met are..." Anthony said.

Jasper hesitated. "Well same." He assumed Anthony must have been a muggleborn, or halfblood as the Slytherins were meaner to those of impure blood status. He had only been in the magical world for a few months, but it wasn't that hard to pick up on who the Slytherins liked to bother the most.

Anthony gave a small smile. "It's good you don't let them bother you." He indicated to the pink hair. "I wish I could be that brave."

"Well, do you want to change it?" Jasper asked, curious. He had asked so it was logical that Anthony may have wanted to try it out. "Your hair I mean?"

Anthony bit his lip nervously. "I don't know...people can be mean sometimes, especially the Slytherins I find."

"Well, it is your choice." Jasper said. "If you're too nervous that is okay. Some of the Slytherins were mean about it, but I just ignored them." He had dealt with many bullies in his past; at home, at his old school, he was done with letting mean people bother him.

Anthony still looked like he was thinking about it. "Well, how long does it last?"

"Whenever I've done it, it has lasted about a week."

Anthony looked hesitant. "Maybe...some of my housemates can be judgy as well."

"Not Ian right?" Jasper asked. He looked over to where Ian was chatting animatedly with Marty about something. It was most likely quidditch.

Anthony shook his head. "No, not him. Just some of the others. They thought it was weird you had pink hair. They said it was too girly."

Jasper laughed. He thought that was funny considering the attire he had seen older wizards wear. "The Headmaster wears purple robes with bright yellow stars on them, I don't think pink hair is too out of the ordinary here."

Anthony laughed. "Yeah, wizards are weird sometimes with what they find odd."

"And technically I didn't even give myself this colour, others did." Jasper continued, shrugging. "Don't let anyone bother you, it is what you want, not them."