Abandoned

Two weeks passed, and Jasper had kept his promise to Christopher, and stayed away from Anthony, but he hated doing so. He honestly was so confused about this whole situation, even more confused than before.

He didn't understand why Christopher hated him so much. What had he done to make him so opposed to him talking to Anthony? It was not the fact that Ella had a crush on him, because Ella was not even their sister!

He had mentioned all this to Harry, and he replied, "I have no idea what Christopher's problem is mate."

"It's honestly annoying at this point." Jasper grumbled. "Like, he isn't even telling me why I should stay away from him. The least he can do is give me a reason."

"I would say talk to him." Harry started, jotting something down on a piece of parchment. "But that won't work with Christopher." Harry looked up from his Charms textbook. "Have you seen Anthony at all? In the Great Hall? In a corridor? What about class? He's been in class, why don't you try to talk to him then?"

"I would speak to him in the classes we have together, but it is tough when we aren't partners, and there is barely time to talk with the work." Jasper shook his head in frusration. "And when we are outside of class Christopher is with him. Always. It's bloody annoying, and if he ever spots me, he glares. Like sorry for walking down the same bloody corridor as you, I promise I don't want to..." He sighed. "This is frustrating."

Jasper decided it would be best to talk to someone who was in Ravenclaw house about this whole confusing situation to see if they had any more information, so Jasper asked Ian as he was one of Anthony's dormmates.

"Christopher has always been...odd." Ian said slowly, as he had gathered this from what he had seen from Christopher, and when he was distracting him so Anthony had chances to do anything without his older brother tailing him. "Or at least to me he has. He has always been protective of his brother – to the extreme, but they fight a lot." Ian looked around the corridor to be sure Christhoper was not lurking anywhere. "I think Christopher has a bit of anger issues."

"I can see that." Jasper said.

"Him, and Anthony have had a rocky relationship." Ian said. "They don't really know how to communicate, and Christopher does try, but he isn't good at it. He isn't good at explaining things without getting mad, and lately, he has been really impatient with Anthony. He yells at him all the time." Ian paused. "My sister says Christopher has always had trouble expressing his emotions, and if he does...it is anger..." Ian shrugged. "I think he is stressed."

Jasper nodded, processing all this information. The brothers had communication issues, Christopher had issues expressing his emotions, and was stressed, and it would get to the point where he would snap at anyone. "I just wish he would explain his problem with me."

"I'd ask Pandora, she knows him best or you could ask Anthony." Ian suggested.

"I can't." Jasper said. "Christopher is always with him."

Ian shrugged, giving Jasper a small smile. "Are you going to the library today?"

Jasper wasn't expecting the change of topic, and said, "No, I wasn't planning on it, but Harry probably will."

"Maybe go with him?" Ian suggested.

Jasper had a feeling Ian was trying to indicate something, so he said, "Well maybe I will."

Ian smiled, and hopped off the windowsill. "Great, have fun studying." He was walking backwards so he was facing Jasper. "See you later!" He ran off.

Jasper slipped off the windowsill, and started to head back to the Hufflepuff common room. He did the password, and headed back to the dorm to find Harry asleep with a heavy book on his face.