A Symbol Of Friendship

November 1st brought a light smattering of snow, not enough to cover the grass, but it seemed winter had made its appearance.

It had been about a month since Alabaster had snuck out with Adelaide, and Atticus, and saw that treehouse.

The one that had triggered a bunch of voices in his head, and made him think he was going crazy, because Alabaster was sure he had been there once before, maybe more, but that couldn't have been possible. He reminded himself. You have never been outside before.

Right?

Even with Alabaster trying to convince himself that he had made it all up, he was determined to go to that treehouse again, and see if he could find some answers, because ever since he had gone there, he felt like there was something missing. The treehouse had to have some answers, maybe it could help him figure out what was going on?

The thing was, how was he going to go outside again? He didn't want to endanger his sister or brother by going outside, and even if they did go with him, Adelaide would not go back to that treehouse. She had said it herself, but he needed to do this.

And that meant he would have to do it himself.

He had only been out by himself once before, and that was a pretty terrifying experience as he had a run in with a halfblood, mudblood, and a muggle.

But since he was in his own neighbourhood, maybe it wouldn't be as frightening?

But then again the treehouse seemed to have muggle things in it...but if it would help him figure out this madness, it would be worth it, plus it seemed abandoned.

He wouldn't be able to go out in the day as he was either getting taught or disciplined by his parents, or taking care of his brother, and sister, so the only option would be to sneak out at night.

He had tried to do this for the past couple weeks, but he kept getting so afraid that his parents might catch him, or he would be snatched up in the middle of the night, that he had chickened out at the last moment, and went back to his bedroom.

But he had to do this, he needed to. This treehouse had triggered a memory he didn't know he had, and maybe, just maybe there was something more there...

So on November 1st, in the dead of night, he crept down the stairs as quietly as he could, and got on a pair of boots, and a coat, and opened the door.

He stared at what was behind the open door, and a light wind blew in his face. He took a deep breath. He needed to do this. He stepped outside, and carefully closed the door.

Oh god, what was he doing?

No, no. He told himself. You can't back out now. This was important. Why was this so important? He didn't know, he just had a feeling it was.

He ran across the lightly snowy field feeling the wind in his face. It was a bit cold, but it was refreshing. As much as he wanted to observe his surroundings, he was much too nervous too. This had to be quick. The plan was to go to the treehouse, and try to find answers, and pray, and hope he didn't somehow die in the process.

There had to be something even though he had no real idea of what he was looking for.

He reached the tree with the house in it, and took a deep breath. He looked back, and saw his house. The treehouse was really close, next even. Who knew they used to be living next to muggles.

He looked up at the treehouse, and started to climb up the tree. It was dark, so it was tough to see, but he managed. He entered the completely dark treehouse, the only light was the moon peeking behind a pair of curtains.