The Frog Murderer

"Jonathan, I am going to kill you!" Gifford exclaimed as all the first year Hufflepuffs were heading back to the common room.

"I'm sorry, can someone please explain what happened again?" Maryrose asked as she had been with her older sister Pandora on the train, and still needed to be caught up along with Dorothy, and Marty about the train situation.

"Jonathan asked out Quinn while pretending to be Gifford." Penelope filled the three other girls in, doing the password for the others to gain access to the common room.

Maryrose closed her eyes preparing herself for the brothers to argue for the rest of the night or more.

Jonathan was walking backwards so he was facing the rest of the Hufflepuffs. "It was just a joke."

Gifford raised an eyebrow at him. "And what if Quinn said yes?"

Jonathan shrugged. "Then I got you a girlfriend, you're welcome."

Gifford shook his head. "I don't like Quinn like that."

Jonathan scrunched his forehead. "Why?"

"Because I don't!" Gifford exclaimed. "I have told you this hundreds of times."

"But you hang out with Quinn a lot."

"So?"

"Well then you like her!"

Gifford shook his head. "Not like that!"

"Why?"

"Because he doesn't." Maryrose told Jonathan before Gifford could yell at him. "Not every girl, and boy friendship has to turn into relationships."

"Thank you Maryrose." Gifford said.

"Plus we are only eleven or twelve." Marty added.

"Well kids that age do date." Penelope put in.

"They do?" Marty asked.

Penelope nodded.

Jasper suddenly remembered something that Penelope had said. "Penelope in the letter you wrote to me you said you had a surprise?"

Penelope suddenly remembered, and nodded. "Yes!" She exclaimed excitedly. "I'm going to be a big sister!"

Jasper jumped up. "That's awesome!" He exclaimed.

"Do you know when your mum will be having the baby?" Dorothy asked.

Penelope shrugged. "We don't have a due date yet, but I'm excited!"

"Congrats Penelope." Maryrose smiled.

Penelope smiled back. "Thanks Maryrose."

After they all congratulated Penelope on her future sibling, all of the Hufflepuff first years gathered around the fire, and talked about their holidays. Marty showed them her new toad she got over the break, and after many different name ideas she got sent from her classmates, she decided to name the toad Sir Fredrick Pennington the 4th.

"Why the fourth?" Harry asked.

"Because the other three died." Marty stated.

Harry blinked. "Oh..."

"But don't worry." Marty reassured them. "They all lived long lives, but my brother always said Sir Fredrick Pennington the 3rd got blown up."

"Blown up?" Dorothy asked excitedly. They all looked over at her. "I - I mean how sad." Dorothy corrected.

"But how did your toad get blown up?" Gifford asked.

Marty sighed. "I'm not sure. My brother said it was because of my magic – he likes messing with me, but I think it was a potion he drank."