How A Letter Can Change Your Life

It was the last day.

Jasper couldn't believe it.

None of the first years could.

They had been at Hogwarts for a whole year, and with the discoveries of a whole new world, new people, a new school, making friends, and even some enemies, their first year was complete.

And Jasper wanted to have a good last day because even though most of his dormmates were excited about going home, and seeing their parents after months, the only thing that made Jasper excited about going back to his house was his brothers.

He woke up first, and spent that time thinking about the summer to come, and the next year.

Two months with his parents after being away from them for so long was worrying him. Even though he felt prepared because of what Christopher had taught him, he didn't know what to expect when he got home. How would his mood be? He loved his brothers dearly, but he knew that they were all miserable whenever their parents were around, and he wondered what that would be like again after so many great months.

There was movement behind his curtains, and Jasper opened them, and saw Harry climbing out of bed. "Hey, how'd you sleep?"

"Good, the potion is working." Harry said, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

Jasper smiled. "Good, I'm glad."

Harry flopped down back on his bed. "I can't believe it, it is our last day!"

"I can't believe it either." Jasper said. "Just...wow. School's finished. Magic school, that still shocks me to say. Magic."

"Did you like it?" Harry asked, turning his head towards him.

Jasper laughed, what kind of question was that? "Of course! It was the best, it is the best. Hogwarts has changed my life. It's magic! It's going to help with so much, and it's just...really cool."

Harry nodded, and Jasper could tell he was still tired. Catching up on days of sleep took time, but he said, "I am going to miss you."

"Me too." Jasper said. "Owl me – actually don't. I don't want Oto in the house. Not anymore."

Harry laughed. He had told Jasper several times that owls could not light things on fire, but he would not listen. No matter what. "I'll figure it out...actually you have a telephone right?"

Jasper nodded. "I do."

"I do too, give me your number." Harry said.

Jasper was about to write down his number on a piece of parchment, but he hesitated because he really was not sure how someone calling his house would go. If their parents were fighting it was never quiet, but he had already said he had a telephone, and it would have been weird not to give his number. He wrote it down, and gave it to Harry, and he put it in his trunk, just as the twins were waking up.

Once the twins were both fully up, Jasper asked, "So what should we do first?"

Harry looked at all the unpacked trunks. "Maybe pack?"

After the boys were done packing, they headed down to the common room. A lot of the older students were looking for lost things at the last minute, and the first year girls were all around the fire chatting, so the boys sat down with them.

They talked about what they were going to do over the summer, whether it be activities or trips. Jasper was just happy he was going to see his brothers again.

Ravenclaw had won the house cup in the end. Marlene, Emmaline, and Quinn were very happy that they did. Marlene was extra excited because they had also won the quidditch cup, and she was hoping to try out for the team next year.