Tradition

Mentions of torture.

Harry woke up in the Hospital Wing, and he blinked, trying to get his bearings, figure out where he was, and what had happened. He noticed immediately that the pain was definitely less, but it was still there. Lingering. The last thing he remembered was going into Ravenclaw Tower, but nothing else after that. He realised he must have blacked out.

"You okay?" It was Jasper's voice. It was faint.

Harry sat up slowly, and saw Jasper sitting on a chair near the end of his bed. His nose wasn't broken anymore, but he still felt the after-effects of the spells Theodore had used on him. His body was sore, and he was thankful for the comfortable mattress. "I-I'm okay."

Jasper shook his head. "You're not."

Harry sighed. "I am."

"Who did this?"

"A Slytherin."

Jasper scowled. He had a feeling about who. "And what spells did they use?"

"Pugnus." Harry said. He knew he couldn't deny that. "And a few others I didn't know..." He didn't want to tell Jasper everything, he didn't know why. He usually would, but he thought if he didn't tell anyone it would not happen again. Just a feeling. If he kept his mouth shut maybe it would all go away.

Jasper knew he was not telling him everything. "Who did it–"

Madam Pomfrey went over to where Harry was lying (figuratively, and literally). "Hello dear, I'm glad you're up." She gave him a cup of water which Harry gratefully took. "Mr. Odair, and both Goldsparks carried you in. You were in a bad state, do you know who did this to you?"

"I - I forgot." Harry stuttered. "It was a Slytherin, that's all I remember."

Madam Pomfrey clicked her tongue in disapproval. "They used quite some nasty spells by the looks of it. If you remember, please inform me, I will bring this matter to Headmaster Dumbledore."

Harry nodded, and Jasper said, "He does remember, he just isn't telling."

Harry glared at Jasper. "I don't remember."

Madam Pomfrey looked between the two of them. "Dear, you won't get in trouble. The person who did this will. Tell me, and I will tell Albus Dumbledore. If you would like, I won't even tell him who told me if that is what you are worried about."

Harry stared at her, and he really hoped she would keep her word. "It was Theodore Jackson."

She nodded. "Thank you dear." She went to her office muttering to herself, but Harry couldn't catch her words.

Harry turned to Jasper. "Did you have to do that?"

"I did." Jasper was scowling. "Git, you didn't do anything to him."

"I annoyed him apparently." Harry murmured.

Jasper shook his head, even if Harry did do something bad to Theodore, it didn't warrant getting hexed to the point where you fainted from the pain. "What else did he do?"

Harry rubbed his eyes. His ears were ringing. "What do you mean else?"

"I know he did pungus, and a couple of other spells, but what else? I know you're keeping something from me." Jasper said. Harry kept quiet. "We promised to tell each other if something was wrong, remember?"

Harry closed his eyes. Why did he make them each promise that? "Just...some darker spells, I don't remember okay?"

The hospital doors opened, and Anthony, and Christopher came in. They went towards Harry's bed. "You okay Warbeck?" Christopher asked.