Terrified For The Future

Anthony yawned as he, and Jasper were putting away the flying brooms in the shed after another tutoring session before classes even started. "Tired mate?" Jasper asked.

"Yeah, sorry." Anthony sighed. "It isn't you, I had a restless night, that's all."

"It's alright." Jasper said. It was also quite early in the morning, but Anthony didn't object to the idea of having early flying sessions when Jasper brought it up. "Have you tried tea? I find that helps."

Anthony laughed. "You find a lot of things."

Jasper shook his head, amused, wondering where this joke even came from. "I still don't get that joke."

"Me either, but it is kind of funny." Anthony said.

Jasper shrugged as he still was not sure what it really meant. Harry loved that joke though, he was always trying to make it if he could. Jasper looked over to Anthony. "You did a great job today!"

"You said that yesterday too."

"Yeah, but you did better." Jasper told him. "Honestly, I think you just needed more...encouragement?"

Anthony said, "Well, maybe...I am glad I'm getting better though. Maybe my brother will like you now."

"He still thinks I am a bad influence?"

"Unfortunately." Anthony sighed. "I am trying to talk to him, but he doesn't listen to me."

"Well, maybe he just needs time to warm up to me." Jasper started. "And, I really hope he starts listening to you."

Anthony smiled. "I hope so too."

"Tutman's not here." Marty commented that night at supper time. Jasper, and Harry looked toward the professors' table, and there was in fact no Tutman.

"Where is he?" Jasper asked nervously. They hadn't seen him in a few days now.

"I don't know." Jonathan said. "But it means Defence was cancelled for all classes today."

"Cara?" Jasper called, and she looked over from where she was chatting with her other fifth year friends. "Who had Defence today?"

"Fourth year Hufflepuffs for us." Cara replied. "But it was cancelled. Tutman is gone."

"Gone?" Harry asked, now worried. "For how long?"

Cara shrugged. "I have no idea. We may get another Defence professor as we always do each year."

"You get a new professor each year?" Jasper questioned. For as far as he knew all years had the same professors for each of their classes.

"No, just for Defence class. People say it is because of some curse that started way back, I think." Cara told him.

"Odd." Jasper said, and he noticed Harry visibly tensed at this information.

"I guess we'll find out who the new Defence professor is Friday." Maryrose said, before taking a bite of potato.

"Well...it could only be for a few days." Harry said, trying to calm himself. Supply teachers were a thing. Just because Professor Tutman was gone for a few days, didn't mean he would be gone for good. There was a fair chance that Tutman was not well, and would be back once he was better which shouldn't be too long.

Harry just had to keep telling himself that to keep calm.

"Well, I hope they're nice." Jasper said, nervously. He had his fair share of mean teachers, and he just hoped that whoever the new professor ended up being, whether it be temporary or permanent, was nice.