He Was Still A Kid

Mentions of abuse.

Pandora was in the middle of making a piece of jewellery in the Ravenclaw common room. A necklace to be exact, when she heard the whispers of her housemates once again.

She scowled. No one in Hogwarts could mind their own business. They just had to stick their noses in everything, and spread rumours, and gossip, not even caring about the people being affected by it. All they cared about was catching up on this week's drama, and gossiping with friends.

"Pandora?" A voice asked, and she looked up from her necklace to see a third year Ravenclaw in front of her.

"Yes?"

"You're friends with the older Goldsparks boy, right?"

Pandora put down her half made necklace. "I am, why?" Although she had a feeling of what the third year was going to ask.

"Is it true his mum left?"

Pandora rolled her eyes. "Why do you think it's your business to know what's going on in his family?" The third year shifted from foot to foot. "I'm not telling you a thing, and trust me, he won't either."

"Well, it isn't like I could ask him, he hasn't been around." The third year said. "Wherever he went, I'm glad, it's been more peaceful."

Before Pandora could respond to that, the third year walked away. Pandora sighed. What the third year had said was true. Christopher had not been in Ravenclaw house for a few weeks. Ever since the whole debacle at the library, some of the other Ravenclaws had been pestering him about it, or being plain out rude. Due to this Christopher had not been seen in Ravenclaw Tower, and whenever Pandora tried to catch him around the castle (mostly around Dumbledore's office) he had rushed off.

She knew where he was, okay she had a pretty good feeling of where Christopher was, but she had decided to give him space. This year had been quite a different year for them both with the change in behaviour Christopher had displayed having his little brother around the castle, and now with everything about their family bouncing around Hogwarts (whether it be true or not true) had gotten to him. So, Pandora had decided to give him some space, but today that was going to change.

She got up from the chair she had been sitting on, and walked downstairs to the dorms. She travelled down the small corridor until she reached the very end of it, and that is when she turned into a small alcove. To anyone, it would be an odd little corner, but it was actually something much more impressive.

She took out her wand, and did a little pattern, tapping the stone bricks, and the wall opened, and she quickly walked in, the walls closing behind her.

She stayed by the little corner of the room, for a beat, and then raised her hand to knock on the stone. "Chrissy-rissy, you here?"

There was a groan from the room. "Go away."

Pandora sighed. "You've barely talked to me, I want to make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine."

"A first year could tell you're lying."

"Good for them."

Pandora sighed. "Can I at least come in?"

Christopher mumbled something.

"I'm going to take that as a yes." Pandora said, and she walked into the room to see Christopher lying face down on the couch. Pandora grimaced. She noticed balls of crumpled up paper all over the floor, and she cautiously approached him.