Magic Stealer

It was the day of New Years Eve. Jasper was at his desk writing Harry a letter. He had found that there was an Owl Post Office near his place, and there was also a floo place in one of the pubs nearby, so that was good news for the future in case Jasper ever wanted a way to travel that didn't involve a bus.

Everything was okay at home so far. His parents hadn't bothered him or his brothers. They had just been around, and that was fine with him. Jasper would much rather have his parents ignore him, and his brothers than do something else that could get them hurt.

It had been pretty quiet. His brothers were talking to him. All his brothers were, which made Jasper happy, and relieved. He was worried that after the first day home from Hogwarts that Francis, and Ethan wouldn't talk to him again, but after Boxing Day everything seemed to be improving.

Although, something that worried Jasper was that Edgar had been pretty quiet since Oto set the stove on fire. Jasper would have to talk to Harry about his owl. The danger Oto had put all of them in was not okay, and Harry needed to be informed. Still Edgar would not go near the kitchen, and stayed in his room most of the time unless Jasper came to him, but Jasper understood, Edgar was still frightened about the incident with Oto.

Harry,

The Owl Post Office has been working great! I am glad you found it. I am alright. Again it has been pretty quiet here. My brothers are still kinda getting adjusted to the fact that I am not here year round anymore. My parents too of course.

He added the parents bit as an afterthought, he didn't want to make anyone suspicious.

Though I do want to talk to you about your owl, and I would like to do it in person, but you better not send Oto again, I will tell you about it on the train, because I just think it will be hard to explain in a letter.

Also paper is better than parchment. Parchment doesn't have lines. It makes my writing all lopsided. Paper is better to write on, and so is a pencil, pencils are great. I like using quills, they are very cool, but the constant dipping takes time. When you were in a non magical school didn't you like pencils? You can erase with pencils.

Him, and Harry got into a discussion about paper V.S. parchment when Jasper used paper for one of his letters, and Jasper very much believed paper was better. It was a silly debate, but Jasper was right, especially about pencils.

Anyway, I do hope you have a good New Year, and I'll see you on the train!! I miss you.

Jasper

Jasper folded up the paper, and put it in an envelope. He left his room intending to go to the Owl Post Office, but he thought about his brothers. Should he leave them alone with their mother? To his knowledge they had been okay while he was at Hogwarts, but he decided it would be a good idea to take them all out of the house. They needed the fresh air anyway.

So Jasper went to Toby, and Ethan's room, and knocked on the door. Ethan opened it, behind him were Toby, and Francis playing a card game. "You finished writing your letter?" Ethan asked.

"Yes. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?"

Ethan furrowed his eyebrows. "Can't you just call an owl or something? Wave your wand, and make it poof away?"

Jasper shook his head. "Owls come, and go, and I am not advanced enough to transport letters. I don't even know if that is possible. My friend said there is this Owl Post Office, and I–"

"Owl Post Office?" Toby piped up, looking up from his cards. "Can we see it?"

"That is exactly what I was going to ask." Jasper said. "If you want to see it with me. It's a nice place."