Happy Birthday

"Is he okay?" Maryrose asked as Jasper appeared in the Great Hall again.

Jasper nodded. "He is just nervous about exams, you know him." Jasper was not going to tell them the whole story, it did not feel like his place, it wasn't his place. "He just wants something small, okay?"

Penelope nodded. "I think we should bake him a cake."

Jasper agreed. "That is exactly why I grabbed this map of Hogwarts." He held it up for the others to see. "But it doesn't label the kitchens anywhere."

Jonathan made a face. "Not a very good map then."

Dorothy was whispering into Venom's ear. Did it even have an ear? Dorothy turned to look at the group of first years. "Venom says it sees Peter Pettigrew come from this direction." She pointed to a corridor right near the Hufflepuff common room that was shown on the map. "And he usually has lots of food. We should go ask him."

Gifford said, "Dorothy, Venom can't speak–"

"And how do you know that?" Dorothy challenged. "Do you speak teacup spider?"

Gifford looked nervous, and Marty said, "Just go with it, Gifford. Venom is very smart. It tries to talk to us all the time. We just have not picked up on understanding what it says yet."

They all just agreed, and turned to look toward the Gryffindor table to see if they could spot Peter Pettigrew, and Penelope told Dorothy, "Remember to not scare people, it was an honest question."

"Yes, but I know Venom best, I made it! I am its mother."

"Never question an angry mother." Jasper said. "Ever."

They decided to send Penelope, and Jasper to the Gryffindor table. The two walked over, and Jasper tapped Peter on the shoulder. Peter turned back. "Oh – um hi?" He asked, a bit confused.

"Hello, Peter." Penelope said. "We were wondering if you knew the entrance to the kitchens? We got word that you knew your way there."

Peter looked hesitant, and looked to his other three friends, James, Sirius, and Remus who were looking at Jasper, and Penelope. "Hi, James!" Jasper exclaimed.

James nodded. "What's up Odair?"

"We - we were wondering if you knew the entrance to the kitchens?" Jasper asked. "Apparently Peter gets food from there."

James said, "Yeah he usually gets the food, I thought you had to sneak in?" He looked at Peter for confirmation.

"Of course, you have to sneak in." Peter said, flushing. "It was pretty hard to find in the first place."

"Be easy for them then." Sirius snorted looking at Jasper, and Penelope.

Remus shook his head. "Really?" Sirius just grinned.

"Oh, Odair?" James asked. "Is it true you caught Goldsparks in flying?"

"Oh – uh, yeah."

James nodded. "Good job. That's pretty impressive."

Jasper gasped. "Really?" James nodded, running a hand through his own hair, making it even messier than it already was. "Wow, thanks James."

Penelope looked at the four Gryffindor boys, waiting for an answer. They were here about the kitchens, not quidditch, and flying talk. "So, do you know the entrance to the kitchens or not? We are trying to get a cake for our best friend's birthday."

"Well, if Peter is not going to tell you," James started, making Peter protest. "Billius will know. He provides for the Gryffindor parties."

"Really?" Jasper asked. "James nodded. "Great! Thanks James!"