A Way To Get Revenge

Jasper, Harry, Marty, and Dorothy were in the stands when Cara Finnigan came up to them. "Hey guys!" She said brightly.

"Hello." Marty replied, waving to her. "Are you here to watch the tryouts too?"

"No, I am trying out again." Cara said. "I have been a chaser since my third year, I just wanted to make sure you were only planning to watch the tryouts, not try to sneak onto the pitch, and try out?" She looked at them sceptically.

"No, we just came to watch." Jasper told her. "I want to see how the tryouts work for next year." Marty nodded at this.

"Yeah, and it isn't like you have to worry about Harry trying out, he hates quidditch." Dorothy added.

Harry looked over from the book he was reading. "I don't hate quidditch, I hate flying."

"Oh please, you would rather read a book than watch quidditch!" 

"Books are good!"

Dorothy was about to argue when Cara continued. "Well I am glad you weren't thinking of breaking the rules...we would have caught you if you tried." She added seeing Dorothy's mischievous expression. A whistle caught their attention, and Cara said goodbye, and ran down to the pitch where the other Hufflepuffs were waiting.

Wally Jones split the Hufflepuffs who wanted to try out by their year, and first had them fly laps around the pitch, eliminating the bad flyers of the batch. Next people paired up, and passed the quaffle to one another to see how good they were at catching, and throwing. Then the captain decided to set up a mock quidditch game to narrow it down to the six other players on the team.

After picking the beaters for the mock tryout Wally went to the box holding the beaters supplies. He opened the box, and looked up quizzically. "Where's the other beater bat?"

He was loud enough that Harry, Marty, and Jasper all looked over at Dorothy who had the bat beside her. "You stole it off the pitch?" Marty asked her.

"Ummmm...I borrowed it?" The other three gave her a look, and she groaned. "Fine, I'll give it back." She slid off the bench, and ran toward the remaining Hufflepuffs trying out. "Here you are." She handed Wally the bat.

"Thank you." Wally said completely oblivious that Dorothy was the one who stole it in the first place. Cara, who was still one of the possible players on the team, stared at Dorothy with suspicion. Dorothy gave a quick smile, and ran back to where the other three were.

"I wonder if James is okay." Marty said as Dorothy sat on the bench. "You gave him a pretty strong bonk on the head."

Dorothy shrugged. "I didn't hit him that hard, and he can go to the Hospital Wing if he is badly hurt." Dorothy sighed. "Next time I will tell him off, is that better?"

The three of them nodded, and Marty said, "Yes that is better."

They started the mock quidditch game, and Cara, who was a chaser, was doing very well. She was really speedy on her broom, and never missed a goal. Jasper thought that chaser seemed like a pretty fun position to play.

Jasper kept staring at the mock quidditch game with amazement in his eyes, and Harry nudged him. "Imagine what a real game would look like."

"I'm trying." Jasper whispered.

"It would be way more intense." Marty said.

"And louder." Said Dorothy. "The whole school would be in the stands, and there would be a commentator."

"I can't wait for an actual game." Exclaimed Jasper.

When the tryouts were finally over, Wally called the remaining 13 over, and started to list names of who would be on this year's team. A beater position was already taken since Wally had a confirmed spot on the team. The keeper was Lee Jones, and the other beater was Jasper Kenstigion. Wow, we have the same name. Jasper thought. The chasers were Amelia, and Bowie Bones, and Cara! Cara's eyes lit up when her name was called, and the seeker was a 6th year named Victoria Padlove.