Unwanted Attention

Jasper, surprisingly that night had a peaceful night, he woke up on the couch at 6:30 in the morning realising he had never gone up to his dorm last night. He looked over at the chair, and there was Harry half on the chair, and half on the floor. Jasper laughed quietly at the funny position Harry was in, but still seemingly in a peaceful sleep.

He gave a quick look into the mirror, and realised his hair was still pink, but it had lost the brightness that it had yesterday. He stared, remembering what Mulciber had said, he tried to ignore it, but in truth he was nervous that people wanted to hurt him because he was a muggleborn, he couldn't help it.

The Sorting Hat said people couldn't hurt him here, but what if he was wrong?

His thoughts got interrupted by Harry falling off the chair. Harry groaned. He got up slowly rubbing his chin. He looked at Jasper. "I didn't wake you, did I?"

Jasper shook his head. "No, I got up a few minutes ago." Harry went over to sit beside him on the couch. "Do you need ice?" Jasper asked.

Harry shook his head. "I'll be fine." He yawned. He looked at the clock on the wall which was entirely made out of vines that moved. "How do you get up so early?"

Jasper shrugged. "Habit." He realised this might have been a weird thing to say so he quickly added "I have four little brothers, they aren't exactly quiet."

Harry nodded at this, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "How are you liking the Wizarding World?"

Jasper thought about it for a moment. Besides Mulciber, and other Slytherins the Wizarding World had been amazing. He had learnt a lot already. He was loving all the classes, except for History Of Magic, but that was because of the teacher, Binns. "I love it." Jasper said. "Everything is just so...wow."

Harry nodded. "I'm glad you like it, just wait until Charms, and Defence, we will be learning loads of more actual spells there."

"What sort?"

"Well from what I have heard." Harry started. "Simple spells on how to float things, light things up, repairing things, oh, and of course spells on how to defend yourself."

Jasper was interested at this. "They teach you how to defend yourself with magic this early?"

"Yeah." Harry said. "There are loads of different types. I don't know all of them, but they range from stunners, to shields, to dark magic, but we won't be learning anything of the bad sort."

Jasper nodded, happy he learned this information. This was good. If he learned how to defend himself, he could protect his brothers at home. Defence he realised was the most important class, and it was vital that he was good at it. He was looking forward to Friday.

They went down to breakfast, and headed back downstairs to the dungeons to get to the Potions classroom. They passed by the Slytherin common room, and Jasper tensed up at this, nervous that they would pop out of nowhere, and torment him again.

Harry noticed this, he realised he still needed to ask Jasper, about what may have happened yesterday, but before he could Marlene, and Emmaline came up towards them with their potion books in hand. "Hey guys!" Marlene said.

"Hey Marlene, Emmaline." Jasper said. "How are you?"

"I'm good." Marlene said, staring at his hair.

"Nice hair Jasper." Emmaline commented. "How did you do it?"

"Maryrose did." Jasper said, pointing over to where Maryrose was talking to Penelope.

"Wow." Marlene said, impressed. "What sort of spell was it?"