Halloween

“I swear Harry I am going to put pillows on either side of your bed, so if you fall, you will at least not have another chance at getting a concussion.” 

It was Halloween morning, and Jasper was once again scolding Harry gently about him falling off his bed. 

“I’m actually surprised I haven't gotten one yet.” Harry commented. 

Jasper scoffed. “I am going to freeze you before you go to sleep, so you stay still.” 

Harry laughed. “We’ll try the pillows first.” He went over to Jasper’s bed, and he looked over at the twins. “It’s Saturday. They are probably going to sleep in.” 

“Even on Halloween?” Jasper asked. 

Harry shrugged.

“Do wizards dress up for Halloween?” Jasper asked. “Usually people - I mean muggles - would dress up as witches, and other different types of costumes like a superhero or a character from a movie.” 

Harry thought for a moment, trying to remember if his mum had ever mentioned dressing up at Hogwarts for Halloween. “I don’t think at Hogwarts people usually dress up, not that I have heard, but they do put up decorations!” He hugged a pillow. “And there is a Halloween feast.”

Jasper nodded. “That all sounds fun...do wizards trick or treat? Do you know what that is?”

“I have trick or treated.” Harry said. “But I don’t know if that is a wizard thing.” He shrugged his shoulders. “I have done a mix of muggle, and wizarding stuff, but it isn’t done at Hogwarts.” 

Jasper nodded. “Well that’s alright. It’s just every year I take my brother's trick or treating.” 

Harry titled his head. “Alone?” 

Jasper quickly shook his head. “No, no. With my parents of course.” He hopped off his bed. “Which reminds me, I need to write them.”

“Want me to come with you?”

“Sure.” Jasper replied. They both got dressed, and let Jonathan, and Gifford sleep in, and they headed to the owlery. Hogwarts was now filled with Halloween related decorations. There were jack o lanterns, and candles floating around, and cobwebs hanging at each part of the wall. They both said hello to the ghosts they passed, and they both noticed that the ghosts looked a little more alive today. Maybe it was because of the holiday? Jasper looked over at Harry as they entered the owlery. “Have your parents contacted you at all since we arrived at Hogwarts?” 

“They have.” Harry told him. “My mum has written to me four times, which is actually pretty good, she is really busy.” 

“And your dad?” 

“He does it weekly.” Harry said. “Though I think he is still a little afraid of the owls.” He looked over to where Jasper was getting his quill, ink, and parchment out. “How are your parents reacting to the owls, and all of this?”

“Oh…” Said Jasper slowly. They are happy I am out of the house, but also hate it because they actually have to do stuff? Well his mum did some things, but usually Jasper felt like it would just be better if he did all the work so they wouldn’t be annoyed or mad with him or his brothers. A lot of the time their parents just forgot about them so Jasper would end up doing the job anyway. Now Toby felt this way - he was making sure their little brothers were okay, and it made Jasper feel horrible for leaving, but if everything went according to plan, they would all have Hogwarts as a safe haven by the time Jasper was 17 years old, and once Jasper were to be graduated from Hogwarts, he would not be going back to that house, and neither would his brothers.