A Memory Was Missing

With October came colder weather. The winds picked up making some of the beautiful orange, yellow, and red leaves on the trees surrounding the house fall to the ground in great big piles.

It was now the middle of October, and lessons went as usual. Reading, and getting yelled at. Reading, and getting hit with a spell. Writing, and getting hit with a spell that was more painful then the last. Numbers which actually was pretty peaceful besides his mother's little comments of, "If you can do this, you should have no problem with letters, you stupid child." And then piano, and dance which were Alabaster's favourite parts. He found peace at playing the piano, and he did enjoy learning how to dance even though he sometimes mixed up his left, and right.

His parents were out at the moment, so he had the responsibility of taking care of Adelaide, and Atticus, and they could be quite a handful sometimes.

Especially when you were only ten yourself.

But it was one of the things on a very short list his parents believed he was capable of doing, so he didn't want to disappoint them.

"Can I go outside?" Adelaide asked after an hour of their parents being gone.

Alabaster was trying to get his brother to count the quills on the table, but Atticus kept trying to chew on the ends of them. "Adelaide, you know I can't go outside, meaning you can't go outside, because I am watching you."

"But they won't know if you go out with me, and Atticus." Adelaide was really bored, and wanted to go outside. She didn't want to go far, just to the back, and get some fresh air. She was getting tired of being inside every single day. Alabaster got to go outside once, to Diagon Alley of all places! So why couldn't she just go to the back of the house? Plus their parents weren't here, a couple hours out wouldn't kill them. She had recently read a book on different animals, and she wanted to see if she could find any in the backyard.

Alabaster shook his head. Adelaide knew why he wasn't allowed to go out alone yet, it was because someone might hurt him for being pureblood and different. If someone found out he would get hurt, that's what their parents had said.

"No, Adelaide. Why are you so eager to go outside now?"

"Because I am getting bored, and it's not like I want to go far."

Alabaster shook his head. "Well I get bored in here, yet you don't see me going outside, and breaking the rules."

"That's because you're too scared." Adelaide taunted.

Alabaster crossed his arms, getting annoyed. "It is for our safety, and protection-"

"Well it's getting boring."

"Can you just listen?" Alabaster asked, getting frustrated with his sister's newfound interest in going outside. "If mother or father find out we went outside they will kill us, and I don't want anything to happen to you-"

"Well if they don't know, they can't kill me." Adelaide said, and she ran out of the living room, through the open kitchen door heading toward the door leading to the backyard.

"Adelaide!" Alabaster shouted standing up in a panic. Did she really just break the rules? That wasn't like her! Why did she have to be so curious all of a sudden? It was just going to put her in danger!

"Oh, no....oh no, oh no!" Alabaster was saying frantically to himself, wondering what to do. He obviously needed to go after her, but she was right, a part of him was scared, but then again if he was going to Hogwarts next year he would be on his own, he would face the dangers there, and he couldn't just leave his sister alone!

"Okay...okay I just need to go after her, and..." He started to go to the back door when he realised he couldn't just leave his little brother alone in the house. "Right! Atticus!" His little brother looked over from where he was fiddling with the writing quills on the table, clueless to the terrifying situation that was happening right at this moment. "You need to come with me! Okay! We can do this!"