A Rainbow Of Puffs

The Hufflepuff first years were in the Great Hall eating breakfast all the while trying to ignore Jonathan's purple hair. Jonathan on the other hand was still glaring at Gifford.

"I can't believe you." Jonathan hissed.

Gifford smiled, and took a spoonful of his porridge. "What's wrong? I thought you liked playing jokes."

Jonathan rolled his eyes in annoyance.

All of a sudden Harry felt a hand on his shoulder, and he turned to see Professor Slughorn standing there. "Er, hello sir." Harry mentally checked if he had gotten his potions homework done, and he did, so why was the Potions Master here?

"Hello my boy." Slughorn boomed. "Remember that little club I was telling you about at the beginning of the year?" Harry nodded, vaguely remembering Slughorn mentioning it. "Well I am having our first get together tonight, I will see you there, yes?"

Jonathan looked up from his eggs. "Get together?" Jasper looked interested at this too. Harry knew Jasper was very eager to learn everything there was to know about the Wizarding World. What would a magical party be like?

"I am sorry, Indigo." Slughorn said, looking at Jonathan. Gifford snorted into his orange juice. "It is very exclusive you understand?" He turned back to Harry. "I will see you there?"

Harry nodded slowly, not really wanting to go, but he wanted the professors to like him. He didn't want it to be like his old school. "Yes sir."

"Splendid!" Slughorn exclaimed, he walked back to the staff table, and Harry put his head on the table hoping this "party" wouldn't be too bad.

"Indigo?!" Exclaimed Jonathan incredulously. "My hair isn't even indigo, it's purple." He rolled his eyes. "Is this going to become tradition, or something?" The first years directed their attention to him. "Is everyone's hair going to change colour at some point? It started with Jasper, and his pink hair, now I have purple hair thanks to my dumb brother, and I guess Maryrose can have any hair colour she wants...so three people have had colourful hair so far." Jonathan's eyes scanned over the first years. "Who's next?"

"I vote for Harry!" Dorothy exclaimed. Harry looked over to her from where he was taking a sip of apple juice. "Maybe...neon yellow?" She took out her wand, and Harry took out his.

"Absolutely not!" He exclaimed. "Do you want blue hair?"

Dorothy snorted. "Try the spell, you'll fail."

"Are you sure about that?" Harry asked her, and he pointed his wand towards her.

Dorothy smirked. "Crunis Muto!" She waved her wand, and Harry shot the same spell at her.

Harry looked at Jasper and panicked. "What colour is it? Is it bad?" He looked at Dorothy who now had blue pigtails. "See I can do that spell!" He turned to the others. "What is it? Is it bad?"

Jasper stared at Harry. "It's...green!" Jasper smiled. "You look fine!"

"Green-" Harry started. He turned to Dorothy. "Really?"

Dorothy giggled. "Slytherin supporter!"

Harry laughed in exasperation. "I can't believe you." He paused, and added. "Then you are a Ravenclaw supporter!"

Dorothy laughed. "Ravenclaws are nice!" She turned to Jonathan. "Whatever the purple house is...supporter."

"Thunderbird." Muttered Harry. He wanted to melt into the floor, he didn't even know what shade of green it was, he needed to find a mirror.

Penelope looked over. "Thunderbird?"

"The American school." Harry said. "Purple is Thunderbird."

"Well of course the History geek would know that." Said Gifford, taking a bite of his pancakes.