Crinus Muto!

After the class ended, the first year Slytherins, and Hufflepuffs walked out of the classroom. Jasper was still shaken up by the nightmare he had about his father.

Harry noticed his nervousness. He really shouldn't have told Jasper about dementors; they were soulless monsters. He wanted to distract him. "Do you want to see the owlery?" Harry asked. Jasper looked over. "I know you wanted to have a way to write to your family."

"How do you know where it is?"

"There is a small map of Hogwarts in Hogwarts: A History." Harry replied. "So, I think I know where it is." They waved goodbye to the other Hufflepuff first years, and started to walk down a corridor.

The halls of Hogwarts were confusing to both of them. The corridors twisted, and turned, and the staircases made it 10 times more confusing. Harry was staring intently at the map in Hogwarts: A History. They walked up one of the staircases marvelling at the moving paintings. "How do they move?" Jasper asked.

"I think it is a special spell." Harry said, still staring at the map.

They continued to walk up the staircases passing many other students that were going to the Great Hall for dinner, or going back to their dorms, and Harry stepped on a particular step that made the stairs suddenly go flat making them both slide down.

"AHHHHH!"

They both slid down the steps, Jasper slowed by using his hands, but Harry went at full speed knocking into a suit of armor. He banged his head.

Jasper got up slowly disoriented by the surprise slide, and went over to him. "That was fun!" He exclaimed. He looked at Harry who was holding his head. "You alright?"

Harry nodded, and they went up a different staircase. "I had heard about the trick steps, but I thought they would have marked them!"

After many wrong turns they found their way to the Owlery. It was a big place that had all different types of owls perched everywhere. Some were eating, and drinking, and others were sleeping, and some were hooing to each other.

"Alright." Harry said, pulling out a parchment, quill, and some ink. "Write down your letter, and attach it to one of these owls."

Jasper nodded. "Aright..." He picked up the quill, and dipped it in ink. He went over to the ledge to write what he wanted to say...

What did he want to say?

He just wanted to see how they were holding up, hopefully they wouldn't lie.

He wrote down what he wanted to say, saying he missed them, and what they were doing, and how school was going for them. He folded the parchment up, and put it in an envelope. He chose an owl, and tied it to its leg, and before he could give it the address it flew off.

"Don't worry." Harry said. "Owls are very smart, they will find where your family lives."

What if his parents got the letter? Would they put it in the rubbish bin?

He just had to hope his brothers would get it.

They went back to the Great Hall, and ate dinner, and they discussed the classes they had that day, and the classes they had the next day. The prefect Cara came over talking to her friend about this first year Gryffindor that had apparently caught a gumball when flying. "He would be a brilliant seeker!" She exclaimed.

"Wow." Jasper said, looking over. "That is so cool."

"You think everything is cool." Said Gifford.

"Well it is."

"Derek says he wants to see it for himself." Said Cara to her friend.

"Who's Derek?" Asked Jasper.