Rejected

"I bloody hate the Jacksons!" Harry exclaimed.

"Join the club." Quinn murmured.

Harry, and Penelope were the ones who found Jasper, and Quinn first. Harry was the one who commented on Jasper's once again pink hair, and then Quinn told them how he got it; all because of Theodore.

Jasper shrugged. "Pink hair isn't that big of a deal."

"It still wasn't very nice." Penelope told him. "The way he threatened to hurt you, and calling you a girl all because of you–"

Jasper shrugged again. "I don't really care, it doesn't bother me."

Quinn looked over at Jasper at this, interested.

"He threatened to kill you." Harry said point blank.

"I know, but he is all talk." Jasper looked out the window. It had started to snow again. He knew for a fact Theodore wasn't going to kill him, not even if he was able to get away with it. He was a kid, he had to have some sort of consciousness. The you're girl comments didn't bother him either. He didn't really care. If Theodore was going to keep calling Jasper a girl, he would let him, because he honestly didn't care, and it was nice to see Theodore unable to get what he wanted.

"Theodore needs to leave you alone." Penelope stated, and she shook her head. "All because of an accidental snowball throw."

"Yeah I know, but at least we know who to avoid." Jasper said, looking at the three of them. "Who we should all avoid actually."

So far in the compartment were Jasper, Quinn, Harry, and Penelope, all people someone would consider impure; specifically the Slytherins. Yes Harry, and Penelope did have some magical blood in them, but they would always be seen as less or treated differently than the purebloods. They wouldn't be called a blood traitor, they would be called a filthy halfblood. As for Quinn, and Jasper, the Slytherins called them a mudblood, or magic stealers. They told them to leave the school because they had no magical heritage, and yes a few (to Jasper's knowledge at the time) would say they would want to murder them, or hex them for no good reason except that they were all impure. Purebloods would never experience what they went through, they would not be called a filthy pureblood, they would be called a blood traitor, because at the end of the day at least they were pureblood, at least they had a perfect magical heritage.

So yes many of the muggleborns, and halfbloods of Hogwarts avoided them, because to their knowledge all the Slytherins hated them, and thought less of them.

Penelope went to sit between Quinn, and the orange kitten who was still sleeping peacefully in the basket. "Awwww." Penelope squealed, the kitten distracting her. "Your kitten is so adorable Quinn, when did you get it?"

"A day ago." Quinn replied. "But my parents just decided to let me take it to school with me!" Quinn gently stroked the kitten's head. "I don't have a name for him yet."

"Maybe Pumpkin?" Penelope suggested. "Since he's orange?"

Quinn considered this. "Maybe, I am waiting until his personality shows, besides just napping all the time."

"Well you did just get him."

Quinn nodded. "And all he has done is slept."

"Cats like to sleep."

"Yeah, but he is a kitten!" Quinn exclaimed. "He should be playful. I have cat toys, and everything!"

Harry sat cross legged beside Jasper as Quinn started to show Penelope one of the toys they had gotten for the unnamed kitten. "Just so you know, Oto has refused to deliver any more mail to you."