A Good Christmas

Jasper, and Harry exchanged letters back, and forth like Jasper had promised he would. Jasper used the owl that came with Harry's letter each time (his name was Oto), and attached it to the owl's leg, and watched as it flew away.

Since Jasper was now home, their dad would either be around or not around, so at least they weren't getting in his way, and their mother would be out more doing whatever it was she was doing, but Jasper saw her a few times.

"Oh." She said, stopping when she saw him in the kitchen. "What are you doing back?"

"I have been home for two days." Jasper told her, not sure why he felt so disappointed when she said this. Maybe he should have expected it, but really? "I sent a letter to you letting you know I would be needing to be picked up."

His mum stared at him. "Well you're here, are you not?"

Jasper gave a small sigh, and asked, "Well did you get any gifts? Because you know, it is Christmas Eve."

His mum scoffed. "Like I am going to get anything for you. After the money I spent for your stupid school, you're getting nothing."

"I meant for the kids." Jasper said.

"Look, I already got some stuff they need alright, and I am sure as hell not buying Francis anything after what we spent on his stupid hearing aids." His mum grumbled. "No wonder he has such bad grades."

Yeah, maybe if you, and dad took your kids to the doctors, Francis would have been able to get accommodations a while ago, and not be constantly ridiculed for something he couldn't control. It was just a thought, but of course Jasper didn't voice it. He really didn't want to get in trouble.

"Okay." Jasper said just shutting down the conversation. "I was just wondering."

Jasper tried to talk to Ethan a few times, but he wouldn't even open the door, and if he did he would slam the door in his face when he realised it was him.

He doesn't hate you. Jasper reassured himself. He was just upset, and he had every right to be.

It was Christmas Eve, and Jasper's family never really celebrated, usually him, and his brothers would exchange something or the other. He already got something for his brothers. He got them some different types of sweets from the Wizarding World. He thought maybe they would have liked to try something from the magical world despite some of the hostility, and you couldn't go wrong with sweets. He also wanted to make something for his friends, but he didn't know what.

He didn't have money, and he sure as hell was not asking his parents. His mum had already told him she wasn't going to spend anything on him, but he wanted to give his friends something.

So making something was the way to go.

He pulled out a box under his bed labelled craft supplies, and opened to see what he could make with the stuff he had.

After going through what he had, and trying to think of ideas of what he could make with it, he knew what he was going to do. He was going to make his friends who celebrated Christmas an ornament, and he would make the other two a necklace.

He had a collection of seashells that he thought would be a good use for an ornament, and a necklace anyway. He had gotten them from the beach, and they were each different sizes, colours, and shapes - some even had cool patterns on them, and this way he could choose which seashell fit each of his friends best. He could make it more personal.

While he worked he thought about asking his brothers, specifically Toby how school was going for them. Whenever he had written to them about it, Toby had been very vague just saying, it's going okay, and how he liked it better than home, but were any of them struggling? Jasper knew he had a fair share of bullies in his past at that school, and he was sure with him disappearing, the kids would pester his younger brothers about it.