The Month Of May

Violence, mentions of abuse.

Theodore had seemed to not bother anyone since he had gotten a month's worth of detention, and even though Jasper was still angry about the run in Harry had with him, Harry convinced him to let it go.

Now in the month of May, Jasper, Harry, and the Goldsparks had decided it was time to go to Dumbledore about Anthony, and Christopher's situation.

"So we just tell him?" Christopher asked. "And he'll believe us?"

"People wouldn't lie about your situation." Jasper said. "Plus we have actual evidence if he is sceptical, but I highly doubt he would be."

"Where would we go?" Anthony asked, nervous.

"Well, in our research it is said that people, in our case Dumbledore, would ask whoever the kids are close to – like extended families or friends, see if they want to take them so you're not with a complete stranger." Jasper informed him. "And if not, a children's home. Not the better option out of the two, but you'll be safer there."

"And you're sure they won't separate us?" Christopher asked, urgently, because as much as he would have rather had the first option, he highly doubted it was going to happen.

"If it is a small number, CPS does its best to keep siblings together, and it is only two of you, so it is a very low chance." Jasper told them.

Anthony nodded, and Christopher stared at him, suspicious. "You seem to know a lot about this."

Jasper shrugged. He knew this question would come up, so he prepared an answer. "Well, researching gave me a lot of information on this. Both muggle, and magical information on how it works."

Harry approached them. "I got the password for his office, so let's go." He looked between the brothers. "Are you ready?"

The two brothers shared a look. Anthony gave a nod, and Christopher turned back to the other two, and said, "Yes."

The four of them approached Dumbledore's office, and Harry told the door the password, and the door opened to reveal a bunch of steps going all the way to the top in a twist. Jasper turned to Anthony, and Christopher. "Do you both want to go alone? Or do you want us to come with you?"

Anthony looked at his brother. "Can they both come?"

Christopher sighed. "Yeah, okay."

Christopher went up the stairs first, and the others followed. The stairs started to move by themselves to Jasper's, Harry's, and Anthony's surprise. and the stairs stopped at a door. Beside the door was a pair of bright yellow rubber boots, and an umbrella with polka dots.

Christopher stared at the door.

This needs to work. He thought. If it didn't, who knew what would happen?

He knocked on the door.

"Come in." Called Dumbledore's voice from within.

Christopher looked at the other three, nervously, and opened the door. The three of them followed him in.

"Good afternoon." Dumbledore said merrily. "Would you like a lemon drop?" He indicated a bowl of yellow candy on his desk.

Christopher stared at him. "No sir."

Dumbledore smiled. "So, what do I owe the pleasure of having the four of you in my office this afternoon?"

"Well..." Christopher started, and he looked hesitant at the other three, before turning back to Dumbledore, and saying, "Well um – you know that we live with our muggle father?"