- Future -

You had updated Satsuki on what had happened between Kyo and You leaving a few details out. She was incredibly happy for you.

Currently, you were waiting for Kyo who was coming to pick you up and walk with you till Shisho's please. When you called him, he told you that he along with Tohru arrived a while back, and witnessed Shisho almost burn the house down. Hence why Tohru was making lunch, while he walked over to get you.

"Kyo! Took you long enough! Let's go! I'm hungry!" Kyo's eyes instantly lightened up when they landed on you, and it was almost instinct when your fingers intertwined with yours.

"..you're as lively as ever. How was that brat?" He asked, slowing his pace down so it could match with yours.

"Hiro? He's doing fine! It seems like after Kiss had gotten a little more livelier his mood has changed too. Satsuki-chan is doing well too. It was nice to talk with her!" You rambled on and on, about the said woman. And the smile on your face was bright. Kyo listen on and made occasional comments here and there, but his eyes always were attracted to the smile, that rested on your lips.

It wasn't long before a silence fell over the two of you. And you drowned deeper in to your thoughts.

"..hey Kyo. If you.. weren't a Sohma.. what would you do.. for your future?" You asked him, your voice coming out softer than expected. Kyo who wasn't expecting that question, changed his expression.

"..if that was the case, I would want to take over Shisho'a dojo." He mumbled, his eyes avoiding yours. His gaze was heavy, as he stared of into the sky.

"I.. might.. want to travel. See some place new. I'd like to go to lots of places.. with you.. and Tohru and everyone else. And then.. after that I'd probably settle down somewhere." You mumbled under your breath, but Kyo heard it loud and clear. Kyo soon paused, halting in the middle of the road, which caused you to pause along with him.

"Kyo? Why'd you stop?" Despite asking the question, he didn't answer. Instead, he let go of your fingers, and placed his hand on your cheek, and then his other hand on your other cheek. Your eyes now directly staring into yours.

"..I don't have the power to stop the future that's in store for us. But.. before that happens, I.. want to take you somewhere.. like you said to travel.. even if it's for a while.. we'll run away.. from everything.. so come with me." His voice was gentle, but his eyes held a handful of different emotions that you couldn't make out.

"I.."

🐈🐈🐈

"Yuki!" You stood infront of Yuki's door, after coming back from a lively afternoon at Shisho's. Yuki opened the door, a tired smile resting on his lips.

"Sorry, did i disturb you? Should we talk later?" You offered him an apologetic smile, after noticing his tired appearance. "No, it's fine. Did you need something?" He replied, welcoming you into his room.

"Nope. Satsuki-chan gave me these, she told me to give them to you! She also said to take it easy." You handed him the bag of fruits, Satsuki had asked to give to Yuki. Ever since you were young, Yuki was a playmate you were comfortable with, hence why he and Satsuki often saw each other.

"I'll have to give her my thanks. Thank you for bringing them to me, (Name)." He took them from your hand, placing the bag on a nearby table. "..have you filled out your career path form yet?" He made eye contact with you, before asking. But you only offered him a smile.

"Yuki. Don't.. think to much about the future.. and enjoy the present. One look at you and anyone can tell that you've been worrying about it." You told him, getting ready to the leave the room. But it was true, he was worrying about the future, like you, like Kyo.

"..Yeah. Thank you."

🐈🐈🐈

When you entered the room you and Tohru were sharing, you saw Tohru earnestly working on her homework. Her expression very serious. But under that seriousness something else was hidden away. And it was easy to make it out, because it was the same thing that's been bothering you.

You took a seat beside her, gently placing your hand on her head. The brunette slightly flinched in surprise, but settled down when she recognized it was you. She offered you a bright smile.

"Change is scary, isn't it? I think it is, I'm afraid of it too. I'm scared the happiness I feel will change, the lifestyle I'm living will change, that the people who surround me will change. But change is both good and bad, and you need to trust it, Tohru." You told her, returning her smile. "H-how did you-" But before she could finish her sentance, you did it for her.

"How did I know that's what you were thinking about? It's because that's what we were all thinking about, the future. Don't dwell to deep, for now focus on what's in-front of you." You offered her another bright smile.

"..I think it's okay to be scared (Name)-chan, like you've said. Because with that fear, you'll also find something beautiful. Sometimes you have a look on your face that no one can understand, don't store it all up, okay?"

"Okay."

🐈🐈🐈