- Protect -

You were currently helping Tohru put up the wet laundry, when a loud "thud" came from the other end of the balcony. You quickly glanced at Tohru, as she made eye contact with you. The two of you heading towards the direction the sound came from. "What do you think the sound was, (Name)-chan?" Tohru asked, while you walked ahead of her.

"Hmmm, I think it's probably just an animal or something. Don't worry!" You confidently said, you walked slowly as Tohru's hand slowly latched on to yours. She was definitely afraid. "Hahah, don't worry I'll protect you!" You joked, as Tohru chuckled, calling you, her knight in shining armor.

It was quite after that, peaceful and comfortable. Until you're eyes landed on Yuki, who was standing infront of a.. horse. "Yuki? What happened here? Rin? Why are you here? Transformed?" Asking question after question, you rushed to the horse, who looked incredibly tired. The spirit of the horse belonged to Isuzu Sohma, also known as Rin. A member of the Zodiac.

Before Yuki could start speaking, a large dark red poof of smoke surrounded everyone, as you quickly took off your overcoat, wrapping it around Rin's shoulders. You offered her a smile, when she made eye contact, tugging the end of your coat. You gently pushed a strand of hair away from her face. "..Rin."

"..don't tell anyone I was here. I need to go. Please take care of yourself." She mumbled under her breath, quickly collecting herself and stumbling onto her feet. "Wait! Rin!" You called out to her, but she didn't look back, instead only ran forward.

You took a deep breath, before turning around. Offering the two behind you a smile. "Let's keep Rin being here, a secret, okay?" You spoke quietly, as the two nodded. You began walking back, as Yuki explained to Tohru who that was. You looked back, wondering if Rin was okay.

She was supposed to be at the hospital. You wondered if she had escaped. She looked thinner than usual. You hoped she was eating okay. You sighed again, frustrated on how there was nothing you could do. You stopped, as the two behind you, asked if something was wrong. "I'll be right back. Go on without me."

🐈🐈🐈

You had searched the entire forest, but couldn't find a single trace of Rin. You even tried calling her, but it was no use. You ended up walking back home, still incredibly frustrated. Entering the villa, you were greeting with the sight of Tohru and Hatori talking.

"Hatori-san? What are you doing here? Where are the others? Where's Kyo?" You asked him, taking a seat on the couch. "Right! (Name)-chan! (Name)-chan! Did you know? This time Kyo-kun was called to Akito-san as well! Isn't that amazing, he isn't left out. Now all they need to do is call you." She rambled on and on, as you shot up.

"What? Kyo was called?" You asked again, making eye contact with Hatori as he nodded. "Sorry Tohru, I need to go. Hatori-san please keep her company. Tohru let's go play in the sand, when I'm back!" You rushed out the door, not giving either of the time to reply.

Kyo despised Akito, as did Akito. The two in one room was never good, especially when you knew Akito was quick to get violent. You ran as fast as you could, towards the place Akito was staying. He had already hurt so many people that were precious to you, you wouldn't let him hurt anymore.

"That idiot! Why did he just get up and go?" You cursed the poor man, as the frustration began piling up. You didn't realize you were in your own world until you bumped into someone. You apologized, not even bothering to see who it was, you just wanted to find Kyo.

You started continuing on your way, but was quickly stopped when the person grabbed your wrist: "where are you going?" He asked, as you quickly recognized his voice, whipping your head to face him. He looked as handsome as always, but your eyes landed on the bruise on his cheek.

Turning towards him, your hand brushed by his bruise. "Are you okay? This is why I told you to not go to Akito!" You nagged, gently placing your hand on his cheek. Kyo's hands wrapped around your body, pulling you in.

"What's wrong?" You asked, as he leaned into your hand that rested by his cheek. He sighed, offering you a small smile: "it's nothing, let's go back." He told you, intertwining his hand with yours. The frown on your face deepened, you knew he was hiding something. You spoke up, wanting to at least comfort him somehow: "Hey.. you know I love you, I always did and will."

He turned around, facing you, his smile brighter than usual. "Yeah. I know. I love you too."

🐈🐈🐈

Kyo, was fast asleep on your lap. You had just finished plastering the bruise on his cheek. When the two of you had returned, you let Kyo go and take a shower, calm his mind. Meanwhile you and Tohru had gone to the beach, built sandcastles, played in the water and ate watermelon.

You took a deep breath, resting your head on the wall behind you. The day was over, it was calm was again. You brushed Kyo's hair away from his face. "I'll protect you, next time. I promise."

🐈🐈🐈