- Banquet -

"What? I've been invited to the banquet?" You ask, almost skeptically staring at the bright and sparkly invitation that was handed to you. All your life, you were told that the Zodiac Banquet wasn't allowed for you. Because you were different, you weren't allowed to attend, you weren't allowed to even ask about it.

But now.. after all these years... you were given an invitation and asked to attend. "This is crazy." You say, laughing at the ironic situation. "You gonna go?" Kyo asks, staring at his own invitation.

His eyes shift from the invitation to you, he softly smiles when he notices you staring at him and places his hand on your cheek. "I think we should. Our first and last banquet, before we leave." You say, smiling at him and leaning into his touch.

🐈🐈🐈

Tohru finished putting the flowers in your hair, and stepped back taking a look at you. "Wow. You look so beautiful." She says, unable to take her eyes off you.

You were wearing a beautiful Yukata, and had the most gorgeous jewelry on, that bought out all of your best feautures. Your hair was put up beautifully by Tohru, and embroided by flowers.

"Oi, hurry up." Kyo yells, knocking on the bedroom door. "One sec!" You yell, and touch up on your make up. "I am so happy you got invited. I hope you have fun (Name)!" Tohru says, smiling at you. "Thank you, Tohru." You say, opening your arms for a hug. "I love you so much." You say. "Me too. I love you too (Name)." She says, hugging you tight.

🐈🐈🐈

You and Kyo were running slightly late. But neither of you cared enough to hurry. When you entered the large, banquet hall, the warmth engulfed you. It was brightly decorated. And smelled absolutely delicious. However your eyes were drawn to Akito.

Akito, who you had always seen in men's wear, Akito who you knew was a girl, Akito in a yukata. She looked beautiful, but your eyes refused to believe it was her. When she finally locked eyes with you she made her way over. Kyo who noticed, reached over and grabbed your hand, and you gave his hand a squeeze.

"I'm really glad you both came." Akito softly said, and a part of you refused to believe she was the same person you had known all your life. "Thank you for inviting the both of us." You say, smiling politely. "It's your first zodiac banquet, so we made it a little grand." She says, glancing behind her and staring at the large hall.

She looks back at you and offers you a sad smile. She reaches over and gently grabs your hand. "(Name), I really am incredibly sorry. You are an amazing person, and I really wish I could've made a bond with you as we grow up together. I'm sorry for everything I put you through." She says, and you offer her a smile.

"Thank you for your kind words. You can't change the past, but perhaps we can change the future." You say, trying to act as mature as possible. "Kyo, I-!" Akito turns to Kyo and begins to speak but was cut off. "I don't want to hear it." He says, walking away, and towards Haru and Momiji. You notice the sad expression on Akito's face.

"Some will need more time. They are all deeply scarred, but I hope your intentions will reach them. Thank you for everything Akito. I wish the best for you."

🐈🐈🐈

That day you had eaten, really good food. And spent the night away laughing with the girls you grew up with and saw as sisters, you spent the night bantering with the guys. It was a night you would never forget. Gossiping, laughing, joking around, playing games, talking, eating together. There had never been a day where all the members of the Zodiac were together.

You were glad this was your first banquet, you were glad you didn't have to attend the previous somber banquets. You were happy that your first and last banquet with some of the people you loved most was such a happy and fun day.

🐈🐈🐈