- Rin -

Today, you were home alone as the others did what ever work that they had to do. You picked up another book on curses and how to break them, finding nothing useful, but before you continue reading you heard a loud yell. "Don't yell at me! Don't yell at me!" The screams continued, as you shot up running downstairs.

In front of you, Rin was on the ground, her eyes were wide with tears in them and she was shaking, she used her hands to block herself. However.. she was blocking herself from.. nothing. She continued to scream. And infront of Rin was Tohru, the groceries she was carrying where on the floor, and she looked scared and worried.

You crouched down beside Rin, embracing her. She rested her head on your chest and continued to scream and cry as you rubbed her back. "Rin.. it's me, (Name). You're okay. I got you. You're okay." You told her, as she began quieting down.

🐈🐈🐈

With the help of Tohru, Hatori and Shigure,  you were able to move a sleeping Rin into your bed. Tohru sat down beside the bed, her face was etched with concern. You placed your hand on Tohru's head, offering her a smile.

"Don't worry, Rin will be okay. She was exhausted, and wasn't feeling the best. But she'll be okay." You told her, while also trying to convince yourself. "I'm going to go make Rin some food.. do you want to stay here?" You asked Tohru, who only nodded slightly.

You believed that perhaps.. Tohru could help Rin. Like she helped the other Zodiac members. Perhaps Tohru's magic words would reach her. "..please watch over her."

🐈🐈🐈

"I told you to stay out of it!" You heard Rin yell, from upstairs, as you switched the stove off and rushed up the stairs. Outside your room, Yuki and Kyo stood, they looked concerned about all the yelling between Tohru and Rin. When you opened the door, you saw Rin holding Tohru's shirt.

"Rin! What happened! Calm down!" You told her, placing your hand above hers. She looked you in the eye before pointing at the books you were reading earlier. "Those are yours, aren't they? Haven't I told you to not get involved! It's dangerous (Name)!" She yelled, shaking off your hand and letting go of Tohru.

"But you're doing it too! You already got hurt by Akito, and you're trying to break it too! So why are you not letting me get involved!" You yelled back, annoyed at the fact how she always stopped you from investigating the curse.

"Because I don't want a kind person like you to get hurt! I'll do the dirty work! So stay out of it!" She yelled, stomping out the door, Tohru chased after her.

But you understood now, you finally understood her. Why she broke up with Haru. Why she always forbade you. And why she got in trouble with Akito, because she was the kind person who wanted to protect the people around her.

You felt tears form in your eyes, you felt bad for yelling, for questioning her. Kyo came into the room about to ask what had happened but instead embraced you after noticing tears in your eyes, he rubbed your back, while you slowly wrapped your own arms around him. "I'm so sorry, Rin."

You let go of Kyo, waking to the bedroom window. You watched as Rin embraced Tohru, and began apologizing while crying. You watched Tohru's eyes as they began to water too. "It looks like Tohru's magic.. works on Rin,  too."

🐈🐈🐈

After that Rin was taken back to the hospital. You hadn't seen Rin since the time the two of you had argued. Which is why you stood outside her hospital room with a bag full of Jello. You were grateful that Tohru had asked you to deliver Rin her Jello, it gave you a reason to see her again.

"Rin.." You mumbled, walking into the room. Rin whipped her head towards you, she was glad that you finally came to see her. "Tohru made you some Jello." You told her, putting the Jello in her refrigerator, knowing she doesn't like to eat in-front of other people.

"She actually made it?" Rin question, surprised at Tohru's weirdness. You smiled, you were glad the two were getting alone. Rin.. seemed like half of her worries, and fears were taken off her shoulder ever since meeting Tohru. While you were slightly sad, that you weren't able to help her, even though she had always helped you, you were happy for her.

Once you were done, you looked at her. She looked much better than last time and it seemed like she was recovering healthily.

"I'm sorry. For not understanding and for going against you. And I'm sorry for not being there. But Rin, this is something I have to do. Like how you want to protect me and Haru... I.. want to protect you too. This time.. let me be the one to protect you." You told her, giving her a simple smile. 

She looked at you, and for once in a really long time she smiled and said. "Then.. let's fight together. We'll protect each other."

🐈🐈🐈