- Regret -

You hadn't left your room since that day.  And no one dared enter your room except Tohru of course. She came every few hours, to check up on you and cheer you up, but no matter what you didn't budge. For some reason you felt exhausted, you couldn't cry, you couldn't move, you barely had any energy to breath. Living just felt like a chore.

It wasn't just Kyo's fault, everything had piled up and you were completely exhausted because of it. So exhausted, that you didn't realize you were faking a smile for everyone around you. You could hear the gentle pitter patter of rain. It was comforting to hear nature cry along side you. You wanted to get drenched in that cool rain but had no energy to even get up.

It wasn't until you heard yelling from the window that you finally got up. It surprised you to see Tohru and Akito yelling at each other, it scared you. Leaving someone alone with Akito, always ended in the other person getting hurt. Tohru couldn't get hurt. You had to protect her, but you felt so weak. You were so weak. How could you possibly protect her when you couldn't even protect yourself?

You watched from the window as Akito ran into the woods that lead to the cliffs, and Tohru followed suit. Knowing Tohru she was probably trying to help Akito. There was a feeling within you that urged you to go after her, that Tohru won't be okay. That Akito might hurt her, but you were too tired to chase after either of them. You were tired of constantly fighting Akito, begging her to not hurt anyone.

You simply sat down, resting your burning forehead on your knees. Your head shot up, when you heard a loud crash in the direction of the cliffs. Tohru and Akito were there. You sat there for a minute, battling the many thoughts in your head, your door swung open as Yuki with a phone in his hand, entered your room. "There was an accident with Tohru, she fell off the cliff." He tells you, while dialing for the ambulance. "What?" You say, getting on your feet and dashing out the room.

You felt guilt creep into you. You should've gone after Tohru. You knew it wouldn't end well. You should've been there with her. You should've tried to protect her. You hoped she was okay. You left the house, getting soaked in the rain, the regret seeped into you, like the rain did into your clothes. Regret for not going with Tohru, regret for not asking Kyo to stay, regret for so many things in life.

When you got to the cliffs, you saw Akito sitting there. She looked devasted. She was soaked. She looked guilty. And at the bottom of the cliff.. there was Tohru. She lied there. The life sucked out of her. She was bleeding.

"What did you do. Why? Why do you always hurt others? Why can't you live one day without inflicting pain on someone? What did Tohru ever do to you?" You asked, directing your anger to Akito. Akito didn't speak. "You are the worst family head. You don't deserve to be the head." As you spoke those harsh words, you wondered if you'd regret those too.

🐈🐈🐈

A/N: Short and Rushed chapter sorry 😭 the next chapter will be better i promise