- Fireworks -

The next day, you woke up in Kyo's arms. The sun was still rising, and after a long night, you finally calmed down, had some time to think to yourself. You slowly wiggled out of Kyo's embrace, afraid you might wake him up. Once you were completely on your feet, you headed downstairs.

When you reached the last step, you saw Tohru and Momiji seated on the sofa, excitingly talking about the fireworks you were going to set tonight. You walked towards them, they both had bandages over their cheeks, probably from Hatori patching them up.

"(Name)!" Momiji called out, when he noticed you. He bounced onto his feet, running towards you with full force. The two of you toppled over, and when you came to a stop, he offered you a heart-warming smile. "..are you okay?" You asked him, gently placing your hand above his injured cheek. It must have hurt a lot..

"I'm much better now! We're gonna do the fireworks today! Are you excited?" He asked, as hyper as ever. "Yeah. Let's have fun." You replied to him, offering him a small smile. Momiji made eye contact before saying: "..are you okay? I.. I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry." He mumbled the last part to himself, looking away from your eyes.

"I'm fine. But Momiji, you did more than protecting me, you gave me inspiration to protect the others. You looked really cool last night. And very reliable. The one who has to apologize, is me. It looks like it really hurt, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." You pulled him into a warm hug, as he gently wrapped his arms around you.

"Tohru, how about you? Are you okay?" You asked, as Momiji helped you up. "I'm fine, (Name)-chan! Don't worry! Also.. thank you. For yesterday. I felt relieved to see you there. Infront of me. But what about you?" She said, smiling to herself. You pulled her into a hug too, letting her warmth engulf you. "I'm good now." Meanwhile, Kyo quietly watched from afar.

🐈🐈🐈

The sun was setting, and the gang were all outside, excited to start the fireworks. "It stopped raining! We can do fireworks!!" Momiji cheered, loads of fireworks in his arms. Yuki looked around, specifically at the still setting sun. "Already? But the sun stills setting." He said, looking for a good spot to place the blankets and stuff.

"Of course! We can't wait till the night!" Momiji replied, bouncing around excitedly, he eventually stopped beside you. You, who were quiet all day. You glanced at him, before offering him a smile. "Hey.. why are you both injured and why is (Name)-nee-chan so quiet." Hiro asked.

"Hey. You wanted to do fireworks right? Which one first." Kyo spoke up, changing the topic. You glanced at him and then Momiji, and smiled to yourself. You were going to have fun tonight, and forget all your worries. Because nights like these rarely ever come. Besides it's your first time doing fireworks at a beach, at night, with people you loved.

"I know! I know!" Momiji said, quickly scavengering through the bags of fireworks he was holding. "Let's do the sugar snakes!" You called out, heading to Momiji's side. And so like you said, Momiji lit one of them on fire.

You, Tohru, Momiji, Kisa and Hiro stared at, beginning to feel traumatized

You, Tohru, Momiji, Kisa and Hiro stared at, beginning to feel traumatized. The others looked at with disappointment. "Is this.. supposed to be fun?" Hiro skeptically asked, as Tohru confidentially said: "It was worth it! It was worth seeing at least once!"

"She's right! That was a very memorable experience!" You explained, Tohru nodding her head in agreement. "More like traumatizing experience." Hiro mumbled under his breath. Momiji then handed you, Kisa, Tohru and Hiro sparklers, once Kyo had lit them on fire, you ran around the entire beach with them in hand.

Meanwhile Haru found a good firework he wanted to light, and gave the instructions to Yuki, asking him to read it. "Point upwards, place in a bottle or something similar, light the tip. Oh, in red it says not to point it at people or buildings." Yuki read them outloud, his back to Haru.

Kyo clenched his fist: "You're pointing it, straight at me." He said through gritted teeth, Haru ignorantly lighted it on fire. "Don't worry, I know you can dodge it, Kyo. I believe in you." He bluntly stated, as Kyo crept up on him, breaking the sparkler looking stick in half while saying: "Don't believe in that!"

"Here we go! Here we go!" Momiji yelled, pointing one towards the sky and lighting it. The firework went into the sky, before erupting with colors and colors, they all looked so pretty. Kyo rested his hand on your head, watching you instead of the fireworks.

"They're so pretty.." You mumbled looked up into the sky. "I know." He replied, his gaze still on you. "Now let's all do sparklers together!"

🐈🐈🐈