- Momiji's Happiness -

Perhaps it was because of the season.. or the weather. But for some reason, love was in the air. For example.. in Ayame's shop.. where a certain Ayame was opening up to a woman who loved him deeply. Or in a book store where Hatori was being spoken to by a woman who hasn't even noticed her feelings for him yet.

Or, in the student council room where Yuki was conversing with a woman who has just recent realized her feelings for him. Or in Haru's house, where Haru and Rin finally realized just how far they are willing to go for each other.

Or in a certain estate where Shigure reminisced about how he came to love the woman he loves so dearly.Or in a middle school where Hiro promise to go into lengths to protect Kisa. But Momiji's love was different.

😽😽😽

It was currently lunch time at school. And on Tuesday's you usually ate lunch with Momiji. And so as usual, the two of you met up on the rooftop and found a good place to relax. You sat upon the bench, looking up at the clouds, they looked so clear and bright today.

Meanwhile Momiji leaned against the rallying, facing the school, he watched as people continued on with their lives on the ground. You shifted your gaze on to Momiji, there was something different about him, or perhaps it was the fact that Momiji wanted to tell you something. Or.. it could be how Momiji's physical appearance had changed.

Over the last few weeks, Momiji had gotten taller, his shoulders became broader, his voice became deeper. And he was no longer the young boy who was always skipping and wearing cute little rabbit backpacks. He had matured. And that left a sense of sadness in your heart, you would forever miss the cute little Momiji who came running up to you.

"(Name).. there are two things I want to tell you." He spoke, finally facing you. However, there was no signs of his cute little smile.. he was completely serious. It kind of scared you, however you simply offered the man a warm smile. "What is it, Momiji? You know I'll always listen and be here for you." You told him, patting the empty space next to you.

"I know you will.. that's why I'm only telling you. These are secrets that are between us." He spoke, taking a seat beside you. You waited patiently for Momiji to start speaking, to tell you what's troubling him, to tell you why he has such a serious look on his face. However Momiji didn't speak for the next five minutes, and you simply went back to cloud watching.

"I think.. I love Tohru." He whispered, almost afraid to speak. You looked at him, your eyes warm. It would be a lie.. if you didn't already know this. The way Momiji looked at her.. is the way Kyo looks at you. Momiji.. smiled the brightest when he was with Tohru. But he also cried the hardest when he was with her.

"How long have you known?" He asked, a lo of surprise on his face. "Since our summer vacation." You told him. When Momiji protected her in-front of Akito during the summer trip, you had confirmed your suspicions. But you didn't want to corner him. "Are you by any chance.. dissapointed?" He asked, afraid of your answer.

"Momiji.. of course not. More than anyone, I really want you to find your own happiness, because you deserve it.. more than anyone. You deserve the purest of happiness. And I really hope you find it. I will support you no matter what, so win her over. Display your charms." You told him, ruffling his hair and messing it up in the process. Momiji smiled brightly, and you were glad to see the familiar smile.

"Come here, let me give you a hug!" You told him, standing up. However Momiji's smile faded away. He did not stand up.. instead he looked down at his feet. "I can't hug you anymore.. or else you'll transform." He whispered, he looked almost ashamed and avoided eye-contact. You let his words process. "No way.. Momiji.. did.. your curse.."

"It happened so suddenly. All those feelings watching me like guards vanished from the corner of my heart. When I saw Akito once again.. I wondered how this person could possibly tie me down. He looked.. so small.. so weak and pitiful." He paused, you could see the tears that were welling up in his eyes and could feel tears of your own.

"But.. why do I feel so bad. (Name), you deserve this so much more than me. Your curse breaking would make so many more people happy. Why is only my curse broken?" He asked, the tears finally falling. You had to take a moment to make sure your own tears didn't fall. You crouched in-front of Momiji.

"You big idiot. I had thought you matured, but you're still as silly as ever. Momiji, you deserve this. You deserve this so much, I am so so happy for you. I can't believe it. I'm so happy that you're no longer bounded. I'm so so glad. I can't believe it Momiji. You can go get the girl you want now. So be selfish, don't worry about me or us. Go find your happiness.. that is how you will make the rest of us happy." You told him.

"..I feel vulnerable now. I realized how my family's happiness is in a place where I am not present. And for some reason.. it doesn't make me sad anymore. I think, I'll be able to find a place where my own happiness exists. And I want to start by doing things I didn't have the courage to do. I'll start by expressing my feelings to Tohru more, by being with Momo because I want to, by finding a way to break your curse." He responded.

"Momiji, I'm so happy for you."

😽😽😽