- Cursed Bonds -

It was already that time of the year.. where Tohru held the anniversary of her mother once again. The day flew by and before you knew it was already getting dark.. you and Kyo had ended up leaving earlier.. and Momiji stayed behind with Tohru. Kyo's hand lightly held on to yours, as the both of you walked home.

It was a little quiet.. and you simply let Kyo process his feelings about the day. You were glad just to be beside him.. since it had been days since the both of you had alone time. (More like 4 chapters.) "I hope you're not blaming yourself.. again." You spoke up, snapping Kyo out of his thoughts. He smiled softly.. it was one of those rare smiles.

"I'm just thinking about the past. Tohru's mom.. it's like she understood the things that I hid deep and away. Sometimes I asked myself.. why mom couldn't have been like her.. and other times I wondered if I had not been born to my mom.. perhaps she'd be smiling brightly with a child.. that was normal." He spoke, a dazed look in his eyes.

You gave his hand a small squeeze. "If you weren't born, I wouldn't have met you, you wouldn't have saved me, i would've been walking down a path of thorns with no one to stop me. I will forever be grateful for you, Kyo. So, don't think like that. You're a precious being, i know you're mom thought that, i know tohru's mom thought that, Shisho thinks that, and so do I."

Just as Kyo was about to tell you his words of gratitude and just how much you meant to him. You heard someone yell out your name. "(Name)-nee-chan!" You heard once again, and turned behind you, towards the source of the noise. There stood Hiro, drenched in sweat as if he was running around looking for you. Your face turned into one of worry when you saw him like this.

"Hiro? What's wrong? Why are you drenched in sweat? Is everything okay?" You asked, running towards him. You gave him a few seconds to catch his breath and relax, while you crouched down. "It's gone." He spoke, his big brown eyes meeting yours. "Huh? What's gone? What happened? Did you lose something?" You asked him once more, observing him for any injuries.

"My curse.. it's gone." He spoke once again, as you let the words sink in. You looked at Kyo, and took in his face, he looked so confused and slightly baffled.You looked back at Hiro and offered him a big warm smile. "How does it make you feel? Do you want to talk about it?" You ask, the happiness within you bouncing out.

You were so incredibly happy for him. That he was finally free from this wretched curse. That he could finally hug his mother, and hold his newly born baby sister. That he could live his future like a normal person.

"I'm in a complicated mood. I wish I could just feel happy, but i have all these mixed feelings. Like anger, resentment, regret, repentance, attachment." He says, afraid.

When his eyes met yours, he gave him another smile. "That's valid, you're feelings are valid. After all, the only thing you're used to was the curse.. you lived with it your entire life. It'll be okay, we'll get through these feelings together, and learn to let go together. I'm so happy for you." You tell him, wiping away the tears that were forming.

"I'm so very proud of you for hanging on with the curse, it's okay now. It's over, you're free." You tell him, as the tears double and fall.

"But.. now that my curse is gone. It also means my bond with you is gone. And my bond with Kisa, and Haru and and.." He paused to let out a sob, and you simply smiled.

"Silly, it doesn't mean that our bond is gone. I will still always be here for you, and support you. And so will Kisa and Haru, and the rest of us. Through the zodiac, we all created our own real bond, and that bond is one that's unbreakable. So it's okay."

Kyo watched from behind with mixed feelings, part of him was so happy for the young boy but part of him was also envious of Hiro, to have his curse broken and free, and he even questioned how you could be so happy for him. He cursed himself for having these cruel feelings.

🐈🐈🐈

A/N: hi hi :) it's been awhile! miss me?