- Free -

New Years and come and gone in a flash. While Tohru spent New Years with Rin at Shisho's place.. and Yuki and the rest of the zodiac attended the banquet with Akito, You and Kyo spent the entire day, napping, lazing around, watching the sun rise, starting a new series and eating. It was by far your most relaxing New Years.

Today was another ordinary day where Tohru and you had decided to go grocery shopping. "And we'll also have to get more trash bags." You said, adding onto the list, the two of you were making on your way to the grocery store. "Oh! Sparrows!" Tohru cheered, running towards them.

You laughed at her child like behavior, before chasing after her: "Tohruu! Wait for me!" She crouched down, a little distance between her and the sparrows, she watched as they jumped and tweeted.. carrying on with their lives. "They're adorable!" She mumbled, watching them with such happiness.

"They're kind of friendly!" You said as the said birds jumped towards the two of you. However, just as those words left your mouth, they all began flying past you and into the sky. Tohru yelled in surprise, as you flinched as well.

Behind the birds, you watched as Kureno Sohma walked closer towards the two of you. There was something unfamiliar in his eyes, like he was dreading something.. but what caught you off guard was how the sparrows flew away from him.. instead of towards him.

He offered his hand to Tohru, helping her get back on her feet. It seemed like the two knew each other or we accustomed to each other.. however you didn't know how and why. When he pulled her up, he also pulled her towards him. He hugged her. Kureno Sohma.. a man who was supposed to posses the curse.. hugged Tohru Honda.. a normal woman.. in public.

However, like you had dreaded.. there wasn't a poof of smoke.. there was no transformation. He did not transform. "I'm different now.." He mumbled, his voice was dry.. and perhaps even a little scratchy.. those were the first words he had said to you all day. When your brain had finally registered what was going on.. you gasped.

"I don't transform anymore.. my curse has already.." Kureno continued.. however he didn't end his sentence. But both you and Tohru knew the ending. Kureno had done.. what you were trying to do so desperately. If Kureno hugged you right now.. you would transform.

"..broken. My curse is already broken." He said once again, confirming the thoughts that were racing in your head. So there was a way. You could save everyone.. you have a way to save Yuki.. to save Momiji and Haru..

To save Rin and Ayame, Hatori. To save Kisa and Hiro. You could save Kyo. He could live the life he wanted to. There was a way to do that. And this man infront of you.. was living proof. "It happened when i was slightly younger than you both.. I am no longer part of the zodiac anymore. I.. I can't fly anymore."

"K-Kureno-San! How did you do it?" You desperately asked him, clinging onto the sleeve of his jacket. He looked at you.. you looked so different to him.. so alive. It was so different to when you were with Akito. He was proud of you.. for finding a reason to live. And for learning how to love.

"I don't know.. it just happened suddenly. One day, the curse just broke.. and the feeling of being tied down.. disappeared." He told you, patting your head. However your head was occupied with so many thoughts.. the only thing you were confident in.. was that you were going to break everyone's curse. "I'm going to set everyone free."

🐈🐈🐈