- Birth -

You wastched as Hiro paced outside the hospital room anxiously. After the two girls had talked about the spreaded "rumours" on Machi, which definitely irked you. Yuki had gone to find Machi meanwhile you had gotten a call from a certain Soma, indicating how Sasaki, Hiro's mom, and your mother figure had gone into labor.

You softly smiled at how worried the young boy was, not to say that you weren't just as worried. For a moment you thought back to your own parents, perhaps it would've been like this too when your younger sister was born. However you shook your beard, you didn't want the birth of this new baby to remind you of something so tragic.

"Hiro, it'll be okay. Come sit down." You told him, patting the empty chair beside you. Hiro awkwardly and stiffly took a seat beside you. You wondered what was going through his head.

You placed your hand on his head, ruffling his hair slightly. "I can't believe the little baby I used to play with, is becoming a big brother~!" You teased, watching the boy look away in embarrassment. "You're becoming a big sister too, we're in this together." Hiro mumbled, he had reminded you over and over again, that you were apart of this family.

And you were grateful for it. Very grateful. "Yeah, thanks!" You said, offering the boy a bright grin. However your conversation came to a halt when the door was opened, a nurse dressed in blue stepped out. She smiled softly. "Ms. Soma?" She asked, making sure she didn't mistake you for someone else.

You nodded quickly, while getting out of you seat, Hiro doing the same. "You may enter the room, after sanitizing your hands." She informed you, pointing to the sanitary dispenser on the wall beside the room. "Thank you." You replied, picking up both your stuff and Hiro's.

Hiro was already way ahead of you, he had shot out of his seat and zoomed to the dispenser, quickly sanitizing his hands before rushing inside the room. The nurse found this amusing, but didn't say anything. You calmly followed after Hiro, pausing to sanitize your own hands. You felt the butterflies of excitement flutter in your stomach.

When you entered the hospital room, you could see the familiar scent of perfume. You set down your stuff in the corner of the room, before glancing at the hospital bed. Upon that bed sat Sasaki, who looked beautiful, even though she had just given birth. And beside her was Hiro, who didn't bother to hide that softened expression on his face when he saw his sibling for the first time.

In Sasaki's hands was a beautiful baby girl, who had light brown hair, and sparkling little eyes. You wondered how small a human being could be, it amazed you, how tiny she was. It amazed you even more, how that baby was a human who would grow into a beautiful woman. It made your heart swell up with happiness how you could be in this baby's life. Unlike you're biological little sister.

Hiro took a seat beside his mother. "Hiro-chan, your name means 'a light on the path' so I named her Hinata for 'sunshine.'" Sasaki smiled, her face so warm and kind. Her explanation made you smile. Hinata. Hinata Sohma. A beautiful name.

"Cute, right? Hinata-chan, this is your big brother! He'll be starting Middle School soon!" She said with excitement, you watched the family from afar. They looked so perfect together. They were one of the most beautiful-est families in the Sohma clan. They were all so kindhearted.

"Come on, Hiro-chan! Give her a hug! This is your chance!" Sasaki continued, gently moving the baby closer to Hiro. The young boy backed away in surprise, he seemed afraid to touch her. "W-what?! No, I can't hug her! Hinata's girl!" Hiro replied frantically, afraid he would transform and hurt the baby while doing so.

Your smile faded for a second, it hadn't occurred to you how Hiro would never be able to hug his sister.. without transforming. This was another reason for you to break this horrible curse, so that this beautiful family could live without a curse, so that Hiro could actually hold his sister.

"I've got it covered! Mama's gonna hug you both!" Sasaki responded, the smile still evident on her face. Sasaki was one of the kindest people you've ever met, she raised you like her own, and you always admired her kindness, and you still did. She inspired you to be a better person.

She placed the baby in Hiro's arm and he gazed down at his little sister, his eyes held this warmth you had never seen. His smile was soft, and he was gentle. But before you knew it, a big poof of colored smoke filled the room, and once it had cleared up, you saw Hiro, in his Zodiac version, huddled in his mothers arms. And beside him, gently layed his sister.

Sasaki smiled softly, her gaze even warmer. You wondered if your mother had ever gazed at you like that. Sasaki slowly bent down, planting a kiss on Hiro, and then Hinata. You wondered if your own mother had loved you that much. When she looked back up, her gaze had met yours. You were still standing in the corner of the room, afraid you would of ruined the moment.

Sasaki offered you a soft smile. "Come here, my child." She called out, her arm calling you over. Those words had sparked something within you, you didn't know why but you felt tears well up in your eyes. And you walked over to her.

"Sasaki-chan.. you look beautiful. And Hinata.. is just as beautiful as you are. Congratulations." You told her, fighting back your tears. This wasn't your moment. Sasaki smiled softly at you.

She placed her hand on your cheek, wiping away the tears, you didn't even know where falling. "Would you like to hug her?" She asked, and you nodded, afraid that if you opened your mouth, you'd cry even more. She picked up her baby gently, before placing her in your arms.

The baby smelled nice, you liked the smell. She was so small and fragile, you were afraid you would hurt her. She was barely any weight but at the same time she was heavy. She was alive, you watched in admiration as her tiny chest lifted and fell. She was breathing. You gently poked her cheek, watching it jiggle in response. She was cute.

However when you were about to poke her cheek again, she held onto your finger, her eyes brightly watching you. "She's so cute.." You mumbled, watching her, admiring her, and deep down perhaps you envied her too, but above all that envy, you loved her. "(Name)." You heard Sasaki called out, and you looked at the woman in response.

"You were the first child I ever raised, you taught me so much, we had our ups and downs. You taught me about patience, and about how to deal with children. You taught me how to love. You taught how to be a good mother. You're the reason I'm the woman I am today. And (Name), my dear.. you'll always be my first child. My little (Name)." She told you, pulling you beside her.

"You were also the sister to my son, and you taught him so much to. And now I hope you can be the big sister to my daughter. Because I know you will teach her so much, you'll show her the world. Because that's who you are, my love."

"You are my world. You're so much more than that. You are my daughter. And while I'm sad, I couldn't be the mother you wanted me to be. I believe your own mother, was as happy as I am when she gave birth to a beautiful baby like you."

😽😽😽