- Forgiveness -

When things had calmed down after a while, you agreed to hear Kyo out. Just this one, you chose to put your trust within him and hear him out. "The day before I left, I went to see my father." He begins, as you already feel bad for Kyo, you gently place your hand above his, and give it a squeeze.

"He told me the stuff he usually tells me, how i killed my mom, how useless I am, how he wish i was never alive." Kyo continued, seeing his face so indifferent to all the cruel words that he had to listen to. However he simple squeezes your hand.

"I was going to leave but then he told me how he told me he saw us together." He says, as the gears in your heard start turning, however you stay quiet and hear him out. "He told me he would tell Akito everything and I.. was afraid what happened to Rin would happen to you." He says, watching your eyes tear up again.

"He said he'd keep quiet about me, if i went far away from him.. somewhere where i couldn't haunt him." He says, as you take his hands into yours. You open your mouth about to apologize for not hearing him out, for causing him so much pain. But he spoke first.

"Oi. Don't apologize. It was my fault. I should've talked to you, I shouldn't have caused you so much pain and hurt and suffering. Will you give me one more chance?" He asks, caressing your cheek. "Only if you promise not to run away from me anymore." You say, a soft smile on your face. "Even if i did run away, I always end up coming back to you."

You open your arms, asking him for a hug. He stands up from his stool that rested beside your hospital bed. He leans down to hug you, but within a millisecond, there was a poof of smoke, and you transform into your zodiac animal. However Kyo still says the same.

There was silence in the room. "Did.. did your curse just break..?" You ask, still a little confused about the situation. "My curse.. it's gone." He mumbles, quickly taking off the bracelet which contained his "true" form.. how ever he still didn't transform. "Kyo!! Your curse! It's gone! You're free! You're finally truly free!" You say, the excitement practically radiating off you. "But your curse is.."

🐈🐈🐈

After a couple hours, the doctors finally discharged you, however they put Kyo in charge of your meals and sleep schedule for the next few days. While Kyo took care of all the paper work, you visited Tohru who was still unconscious.

It was quiet. You thought about Kyo's curse finally breaking and felt a rush of happiness, he was finally happy.. and free. He could do whatever he wanted now. However your heart hurt a little when you realize your curse hadn't broken yet. All 13 zodiac members curses were broken.. except yours. You continued to consider possibilities as to why and wondered if it would ever break.

You heard the hospital door to her room open. You suddenly felt angry, or perhaps that was fear you couldn't tell. "Akito." You acknowledge, moving closer to Tohru. You weren't going to leave Tohru alone this time. "(Name), I wanted to talk to you." Akito says, as you grow a little afraid.

She steps closer towards you, and you watch skeptically. "What do you-" You stopped talking, when you Akito bow to you in an apologetic manner. Your face turns into one of surprise. Kyo who had came to get you, also watches in surprise. "Why are you.." You start.

"I want to apologize. For the last decade, or even longer, i locked you in, took away your freedom and tortured you. I hurt you in unimaginable ways and even took away your parents, and then continued to manipulate and hurt the people you loved. I know there's no way, I can take away your hurt, but I am sincerely sorry, and hope we can start anew." She says.

She watches your face, for a reaction for a response. But you sit there, without a reaction or response. Your entire life was ruined by her, and she was asking for forgiveness with a single apology. She took away your freedom and wanted to take away your freedom in the future too. She took away your parents. And made you despise yourself.. and now you had to forgive her?

"I.. I don't think i'll be able to forgive you." You say, watching her expression turn into one of disappointment. "At least I can't forgive you right now. However with time I will heal.. and hopefully forget, and maybe then I will be able to forgive you. But for now, please apologize to everyone else you've deeply hurt, and learn to become a better version of yourself." You say, beginning to get up.

However the moment you finish your words, you hear something within yourself snap. Like all the pent up pain and anguish had disappeared, you felt lighter, you felt freer. You get up, rushing to Kyo. "Hug me." You ask, as he looks at you skeptically.

"Oi, my curse is broken, remember? If I hug you right now, you'll transform infront o-" You don't let him finish his words, but instead wrap your arms around Kyo's torso, resting your head on his chest. You wait a second, 10 seconds, 30, 60. No poof.. no transformation. "You.. didn't transform." He says, finally wrapping his own arms around you. "My curse is finally gone. I'm free."

🐈🐈🐈