- Cinderella-ish -

You inhaled, feeling the nervous butterflies flutter around your stomach, it finally hit you how you'd be performing, infront of 100+ people today, with the chance of messing up. Meanwhile, a classmate from the makeup team, fixed your hair and then your dress.

Today, you felt like a princess with the mint green flowy ball gown, and neatly done hair. You also had on a lot of jewelry. Until now, pictures were being took, and you were glad to have taken one with Kyo, Tohru, Yuki, Uo-Chan and Hana-chan, it was another memory to hold onto.

Kyo placed his hand on your shoulder, afraid he'll mess up your hair if he placed it on your head, or your makeup, had he placed it on your cheek. "Oi, I'm doing this play for you, you better now quit now." He grumbled, feeling stuffy in his prince costume.

Kyo looked dashing today. He glanced at you, feeling bad at his harsh words, and then quickly looked away with blush all over his face. You looked beautiful today, like a princess. You were the princess for him, and the only princess he'll ever love. "Good luck though."

🐈🐈🐈

"Once upon a time.." the play started, as your classmate, the narrator began. "..there was a beautiful girl named Cinderella." He continues, as the dark red curtains open, revealing the set of a house and the outside area of the said house.

"Due to various reasons, Cinderella was constantly tormented by her stepmother and stepsisters. Despite that, she lived with a kind heart, holding virtue and honesty as key." He described the kind Cinderella. From one side of the stage, the step mother, with her beautiful yellow ball gown entered.

"Cinderella? Where did you go, Cinderella?" She called out as Tohru and You waddled out from behind her, Tohru looked beautiful, as she slightly held up her pink gown, she looked at the audience, offering them her charming smile. You walked behind her, doing your best to not trip or look at the audience.

"Have you finished the ball gown, Cinderella? The ball is tonight!" The step mother yelled out once more, as you and Tohru quickly followed her. "I am right here." Cinderella or Hana-chan spoke, startling everyone, she was dressed in a black maid outfit, and was seated on the ground, in the middle of the stage, drinking tea.

You heard something crack in the stepmother and soon she exploded: "What're you doing there leisurely drinking tea?? You'd better have the dress finished! If you're givin me that attitude!" She yelled, as you and Tohru awkwardly stood behind her, acting your part.

"M-mother.." Tohru called out, an awkward smile on her face. "Now now mother.. there is no need for you to ruin your mood this early in the morning." You calmly stated your lines, rubbing the back of your said mother.

"An amateur like me couldn't make a dress." Cinderella spoke, continuing to sip on her tea. "Go ahead and wear your own dress, you're sure to get some laughs." She continued, riling the step mother up. "I don't want laughs! That won't help advance the story!" The step mother yelled, breaking the non-existent fourth wall.

"Anyway.. my dear sisters.. won't you join me for tea?" Cinderella asked, ignoring her step-mother. "Could I?" Tohru asked, as she joined Hana-chan. "Let me pour you some more Tea, sister." You spoke, taking a seat beside Hana-chan, too. You awkwardly smiled as the crowd went: "this Cinderella is boss!"

Your stepmother continued to yell and scold the sisters for joining her, and then she fixed her anger on to Cinderella for not preparing the dress.

"The castle ball was tonight. And there was rumor going around, hinting that the prince would be looking for a bride. Hence, why the stepmother, was eager to get either one of her daughters married into the royal family, so she would get to live a comfortable life herself." The narrator spoke once again, ignoring the raging step mother.

The step mother grabbed a hold of your arm and then Tohru's, she dragged you both away as Tohru began yelling out in surprise. "If you want your sisters back, you better finish that dress!" She threatened, exiting off the stage.

Cinderella dramatically got up: "Sisters! How could this be! Because of some dumb princes ball, my sisters have been.. I'll never forgive him!" She said, adding emphasis to "dumb" prince. In the background you heard dramatic music being played.

Once you were off stage, the make up crew fixed you, Tohru and the stepmother up, and you were also given some water and a small snack, you took a seat.. watching the play unfold.

"Although she had never met him, Cinderella fell deeply in love with the prince." The narrator deadpanned, practically lying through his teeth. "I will slip into the palace.. but I have to first finish the dress.. oh what shall I do." Cinderella spoke, picking up her glass of tea.

"All is well, worry not." From above, Yuki, the fairy god mother, descended on to the stage, looking as beautiful as ever. The rest of lights dimmed as a spotlight was shone on him. Squeals were heard from everywhere, as the crowd went wild after seeing Yuki, a lot of flashes were seen.

"Please refrain from taking photos with flash on." The narrator added, when Yuki had a hard time continuing with the play. "Uh, I'm the fairy god mother!" He spoke, holding a broom in his hand. "That's not a very good introduction." Cinderella mumbled, watching her godmother.

"Kind hearted Cinderella, I will grant you one wish.. what is your wish?" Yuki asked, offering her one of his charming smiles. Cinderella smiled: "Lovely. I wish.."

[To be continued]

🐈🐈🐈