Recruiting

In a huge abandoned warehouse Bucky comes to with his metallic left arm clamped in a huge industrial vice. Steve peers through a gap at a chopper flying overhead. Sam's over by Bucky, "Hey, Cap!"

Steve goes over to join Sam by Bucky who sits with his arm in the vice. They stare at him, "Steve."

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve asks.

"Your mom's name was Sarah" Bucky states, "You used to wear newspapers in your shoes."

"Can't read that in a museum" Steve smiles.

"Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?" Sam questions.

"What did I do?" Bucky asks.

"Enough" Steve answers.

"God, I knew this would happen" Bucky sighs, "Everything Hydra put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"Who was he?" Steve asks.

"I don't know" Bucky shrugs.

"People are dead" Steve states, "The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than I don't know."

"He wanted to know about Siberia" Bucky adds, "Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to know that?" Steve questions.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier" Bucky replies.

"Who were they?" Steve asks.

"Their most elite death squad" Bucky answers, "More kills than anyone in hydra history. And that was before the serum."

"They all turn out like you?" Sam questions.

"Worse" Bucky sighs.

"The doctor, could he control them?" Steve asks.

"Enough" Bucky sighs.

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall" Steve states.

"With these guys he could do it" Bucky tells them, "They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming."

"This would have been a lot easier a week ago" Sam sighs.

"If we call Tony" Steve starts.

"No, he won't believe us" Sam interrupts.

"Even if he did" Steve says.

"Who knows if the Accords would let him help" Sam finishes.

"We're on our own" Steve sighs.

"Maybe not" sam says, "I know a guy."

"I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?" Secretary Ross asks.

"We will" Tony states, "GSG-9's got the borders covered. Recon's flying 24/7. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it."

"You don't get it, Stark" Ross sighs, "It's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting Special Ops on this."

"What happens when the shooting starts?" Natasha questions, "What, do you kill Steve Rogers?"

"If we're provoked. Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers" Ross answers, "There are dead people who would be alive now. Feel free to check my math."

"All due respect, you're not going to solve this with boys in bullets, Ross" Olivia states, "You gotta let us bring them in."

"How would that end any differently from the last time?" Ross asks turning to Tony.