Technology sucks

Peter, wearing the suit without the mask, zips up his sweat shirt to hide it and puts on his hood. He peeks out the door and looks around. The corridors are quiet and empty. "Yeah, the glowy thing, it's evidence. Keep it safe" Ned picks up the glowing core, "All right?"

"Okay, okay" Ned sighs.

Peter activates the tracker, "They're moving."

Peter hurriedly walks out of the room, "Be careful."

As Peter tries to walk down the hall unnoticed, Liz approaches in a bathing suit, "Hey, Liz."

"Perfect timing" Liz smiles, "We're gonna go swimming. Come on, come on, come on" She waves the other students forward.

"What?" Peter questions. The teenagers sneak by, laughing quietly, "I was, I was gonna go study, in the business center."

"Peter, you don't need to study" Liz tells him, "You're, like, the smartest guy I've ever met" Peter looks at Liz, bewitched, "And besides, a rebellious group activity the day before competition is good for morale. Well, I read that in a TED Talk, so, I heard it in a TED Talk. And I read a coaching book" Liz smiles and nods.

"Wow, you really" Peter sighs, "This is really important to you."

"Yeah. It's our future" Liz shrugs, "I'm not gonna screw it up. Besides, we raided the minibar and these candy bars were, like, eleven dollars. So get your trunks on and come on" Liz throws a candy bar at Peter in a smooth arc.

"Come on Liz."

"I'm coming, I'm coming" Liz catches up with the others.

Olivia walks out of her hotel room, "Olivia" Liz calls, "get your costume on and get your ass down here."

Olivia rolls her eyes and goes back into her room where five minutes later she jumps in the pool.

At an indoor swimming pool, the Decathlon teammates swim. Liz sits on a wall between the pool and a spa.

Wearing his suit without the mask, Peter watches Liz through a window on the roof. Liz playfully chats with her teammates.

Olivia sneaks up behind her and pushes her into the pool, and jumps in behind her. Peter sighs.

Peter can't help but wonder if the girl has ever had a moment like this. A moment where she can just be a normal teenager.

Stepping back from the window, Peter tightens the straps on his backpack. Peter puts on the mask. A brief glow expands from the spider emblem on his chest, "Good evening, Peter."

"Hello?" Peter panics, "Hello?"

"Congratulations on completing the rigorous Training Wheels Protocol and gaining access to your suit's full capabilities" the suit lady says.

"Thank you" Peter smiles.

"So where would you like to take me tonight?" The suit lady asks.

"I put a tracker on someone" Peter stutters, "He's a bad guy."

"Tracker located" suit lady says, "Plotting course to intercept target."

"Okay, well, as long as I make it back in time for Decathlon, it's fine" Peter shrugs. Peter swings from a web and lands on a truck.

Peter rides on a different truck, raging down the road. "One hundred meters from destination and closing" The truck roars past a patch of grass, "Jump now" Peter leaps off the truck and rolls down a grassy bank. He runs across the bank through the tall grass, approaching an abandoned gas station, "Detecting three individuals."