Doubts

Peter and may are sitting at a small table at a Thai restaurant eating dinner. May tries to make Peter talk, but he looks distracted, "What's the matter? Thought you loved larb. It's too larby? Not larby enough. How many times do I have to say larb before you talk to me? You know I larb you."

"I'm just stressed" Peter shrugs, "The internship, and I'm tired. A lot of work."

"The Stark internship" may repeats, "I have to tell you, not a fan of that Tony Stark. Distracted all the time he's got you in your head."

A news report on the television behind May catches Peter's attention, "The beloved Queens' institution, Delmar's Sandwiches, was destroyed in an explosion earlier tonight after an ATM robbery was thwarted by Queens' own colorful local crime-stopper, the Spider-Man accompanied by shadow. As the the duo attempted to foil their heist, a powerful blast was set off, slicing through the bodega across the street. Miraculously, no one was harmed."

Aunt May turns back to Peter with a serious expression, "If you spot something like that happening, you turn and you run the other way."

"Yeah" Peter shrugs, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Of course."

"Six blocks away from us" may sighs.

"I uh- I need a new backpack" Peter stutters.

May puts a finger to her ear, disbelief clear on her face, "What?"

"I need a new backpack" Peter repeats.

"That's five" May states.

A waiter brings a new dish to their table, his eyes glued on May, "Sticky rice pudding."

"Oh, we didn't order that" May says.

"It's on the house" The waiter winks, then leaves.

"Thanks" May says, "That's nice of him."

"I think he larbs you" peter smiles. At Peter's joke, May points at herself with a exaggerated look of surprise.

The next morning, Peter is walking down the street with Ned, carrying a huge stack of thick books in his arms due to the loss of his backpack, "You got bit by a spider? Can it bite me? Well, it probably would've hurt, right? You know what? Whatever. Even if it did hurt, I'd let it bite me. Maybe. How much did it hurt?"

"The spider's dead, Ned" peter sighs, Peter cuts the conversation short, allowing no room for further discussion on the subject. Ned shrugs and looks ahead. His eyes go wide.

Ned and Peter stop short, examining Delmar's Sandwiches. It is almost burnt down, the store name almost illegible.

Police tape and barricades surround the shop. Various police officers and crime scene investigators are working around it, "You were here?"

Peter warily eyes the agents standing near the scene, "Yeah."

"You could've died" Ned states. The teens stare at the badly damaged building. Expressions completely serious, "Do you lay eggs?"

"What? No" Peter laughs at the absurd and anticlimactic suggestion.

Peter sees Olivia stood on top of a roof of one of the surrounding buildings once she notices that peter had seen her she quickly turns away from the building and swings away dropping down into a alley.

Peter tries to find the girl in the hallways before first period but she's nowhere to be seen.

In the middle of a chemistry lecture. A torch is boiling a dark-colored liquid on the desk. Peter and Ned are wearing safety glasses. Ned rolls over in his chair toward Peter, who is scribbling in his notebook, "Can you spit venom?"