Memory Lane

Me, Strange and America Chavez stand up and observe our surroundings from the rooftop. "Surprised you didn't puke" America scoffs.

"That's not my first weird trip, kid" Strange tells her. "So. This is New York in the Multiver-" he is interrupted by the sound of me throwing up into a chimney.

Both of them watch me puke two more times before i recover. I stand up straight wiping dirt off my suit, "okay I'm sorry to whoever's house that is and first thing I need to do is buy gum."

Doctor Strange takes his Cloak off and examines it. It has a nasty gash on it. "Yeah. You got pretty dinged up." Strange puts the Cloak back on him. "We'll get you fixed."

"Why do you speak to that rag like it's a living person?" I question with a scoff.

Strange looks at me offended but decides not to shoot me with a comeback. "All right, America. You've gotta open a portal to get us back there right now."

"I don't know how" America pleads shrugging.

Strange sighs out of exhaustion and stress, "You just did it."

"Not on purpose" America states.

"Wong is back there alone with Wanda and I'm the only hope he has" strange tells the girl.

"I can't control my powers" America admits looking embarrassed and defeated.

"You must be able to control it somehow" strange yells. "Even I could-"

"Strange!" I yell. Strange turns to me looking pissed off, more pissed of than I've ever seen him. "Shut the fuck up! Not everyone is as perfect as you! I couldn't control my powers, not everyone is like you strange. Can't you see you're scaring her by yelling at her."

Strange turns to America and sees her walking back, and he realises that he is bringing up bad memories of his multiversal self.  "Sorry. Well, what about this universe's version of you? Maybe she can control her powers."

"This universe doesn't have a me" America tells us. 

"What?" I question. My face scrunches in confusion. How can there not be a variant?

"None of them do" America adds sighing.

"But how do you know that?" Strange asks.

"Because I've looked" America admits with defeat laced in her tone. "And because I never dream."

"It's okay" i smile. "Even if you could get us back there, we have no way of fighting Wanda" I chuckle to try and lighten the mood but they both still look miserable.

Americas face lightens up looking at strange, that's an idea face. "What about the Book of Vishanti?"

"What about it?" Strange questions.

"Other you thought it could stop whoever was after me" America tells us.

"Yeah, well, good for other me" Strange scoffs. He clearly is annoyed that we're trapped here and can't get home. "He's not here, is he? I don't know where it is. So unless there's another other me."

I look up at strange with hope and he sighs knowing that i have an idea, and he knows most of my ideas are never smart. "We need to go find-"

"Other other me" strange guesses with a chuckle.

We walk through an alleyway into a busy street of this universes New York. We all look around, what catches me by surprise is the rainbow clouds in the sky. I quickly pull out my phone and take a photo, Morgan will love that.

I notice people walking past me and Strange and giving us confused and dirty looks. Fuck. Me and Strange are probably evil in this universe.

We reach a stop light, i go to cross the road but a car comes zooming at me, Strange grabs my arm and pulls me back. I look up at the light making sure I'm not colour blind, "They go on red?" I question yelling in confusion.