Starting over

Five Years Later

The world is seemingly abandoned. The aftermath of the Decimation is evident, and Earth has not coped well.

In a self storage facility in San Francisco, The rear door of a Van busts open, flinging Scott Lang outside the van.

Scott grunts as he pushes away a cushion out of his body, and deactivates the helmet, but still grunting in pain, as he sweeps away sparks from an electrical failure out of his suit, then try to stand up, "What the hell?"

He manages to stand up, as another electrical failure sparks out of his gauntlets, and looks around in a confused look, "Hope?"

Inside a security office, a security guard reading a book as he looks upon his security screen, seeing something going on in one of the storage facilities. In the cameras, it shows Scott in his casual clothing, shouting, waving a sign with help written on it.

Outside the facility, Scott pulls out a pushcart and looks back seeing the guard giving a stern look from far. He walks around until reaching his hometown, finding a post filled with missing posters, abandoned houses, a wrecked car, nothing but desolation. He then sees a kid in a bike pass by, "Kid! Hey kid!" The kid stops his bike as he stares back in a serious look, "What the hell happened here?"

The kid still stares at him and is almost about to tear up, but immediately turns away from him and move on. Scott still gives the same confused look, as he arrives in somewhat a memorial called the vanished, with all the names of the people who became victims of the Decimation.

As Scott arrives on one of the engraved stones, he immediately drops the handle in shock, "No. Please. Please, please" he moves on to check the other side of the engraved stone, "No, no, no. No" he excuses aside a young couple as he keeps on checking another engraved stone if his daughter's name is on one, "Excuse me, sorry. No, Cassie, no."

Scott checks the rest of engraved stones if his daughter's name was on one, "Please, please, please, please. No, Cassie" he looks at the engraved stone in shock after seeing his name engraved, "What?"

Scott runs across his frontline to his house, he rings the bells but also bangs on the door, he tries opening the door, but is found locked. Then, he sees a feminine figure appear out of a hallway inside. The figure gets closer, revealing a woman in a purple sweater, with her hand pushing towards the glass door's window, and her face filled with amazement, as she unlocked the door.

Cassie, who hasn't seen him for five years, holds up his face in an emotional sight and starts to smile tearfully. Scott does the same, "Cassie?"

"Dad?" Both of them emotionally hug each other as both dad and daughter had reunited.

Then Scott shoves her back, realizing that his daughter is now a full-grown teenager, "You're so big!" Both dad and daughter share a hug once more.

At the New Avengers facility, Natasha, now having red, long hair, over-colouring her blonde streaks, listens to Rocket Raccoon out about his status so far, "Yeah, we boarded that highly suspect warship Danvers pinged."

A few of the Avengers surround a table in holographic calls, "It was an infectious garbage scowl" Nebula adds.

"So, thanks for the hot tip" rocket says.

The Racoon turns to Danvers who replies back with a smirk, "Well, you were closer."

"Yeah. And now we smell like garbage" Rocket states.