Befriending the enemy

"Dude, what happened?" Ned asks Peter.

"I just had a fight with Doctor Strange and I totally won!" Peter replies.

"What?" Olivia questions.

"Look, and I stole his ring thing" Peter states, Ned takes it from him and puts it on, "I was swinging through the city, and then I went through this massive mirror thing, and then I was back."

"Where is he?" Mj asks, "Where is he?"

"He's trapped" Peter responds, "but I'm not sure for how long."

"You could've just left us to die" Octavius reminds the boy, "Why didn't you?"

"Because that's not who he is" Olivia smiles.

"I think I can help you guys" Peter adds, "If I can fix what happened to you, then when you go back, things will be different and you might not die fighting Spider-Man."

"What do you mean, fix us?" Max questions.

"Look, our technology is advanced" Peter states.

"I can help you" Norman says, "You know, I'm something of a scientist myself. Octavius knows what I can do."

"Fix?" Octavius repeats, "You mean like a dog? I refuse."

"I can't promise you guys anything, but at least this way, you actually get to go home and have a chance" Peter suggests, "A second chance. I mean, come on. Isn't that worth trying?"

"Trust me, Peter" Connors starts, "When you try to fix people, there are always consequences."

"I mean, you don't have to come" Olivia shrugs, "I also didn't know that you could talk" The Lizard growls in disapproval, "But if you stay here you're gonna have to deal with Harry Potter."

"So, we go along, or die" Connors summaries, "Not much of a choice, is it?"

"I just wanna go home" Flint states.

"Well, I myself don't wanna be killed, especially by a guy dressed like Dungeons & Dragons" Max admits, "so what's your plan?"

"I have it all under control" Peter lies.

"What are we gonna do about this thing?" Peter whispers to Ned, Mj and Olivia. Meaning the cube that holds the spell.

"Well, we need to find somewhere safe for it, right?" Mj shrugs.

"Yeah" Ned nods, "Yes. Yes."

"You got to take it" Peter states.

"Wait, what?" Olivia questions.

"If something bad happens, I'll text you, and then you just push this and then it's all over, and they'll all be gone" Peter replies holding the cube.

"We're going with you" Mj tells him, "We're not gonna leave you."

"You can't come with me" Peter shrugs, "It's too dangerous. You guys have already done enough."

"I'm coming with you whether you like it or not" Olivia urges.

"Peter, we're in this together" Ned argues.

"I know we're in this together, Ned" Peter sighs, "but I can't do this if I know that you're in danger. Okay? So for me, Mj, please just take this. Please."

"Fine" Mj agrees taking the Machina de Kadavus.

"Thank you" Peter says.

"But Peter, I swear, if I don't hear from you, I'm pressing the button" Mj states.