American Wizards

Inside a ship, Ebony Maw walks among the bodies of dead Asgardians. He steps over them as he speaks with no mind, as if they were scattered pieces of dirty clothing on a bedroom floor, "Hear me, and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan. You may think this is suffering. No. It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile. For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos."

Loki is with the Black Order. He watches Thanos, Thanos looks out of a large window, "know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail, nonetheless" he grabs Thor by the head, "It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say I AM." Thanos holds up his hand to reveal the Infinity Gauntlet, which already hosts the Power Stone.

Thor spits blood from his mouth, "You talk too much."

"The Tesseract, or your brother's head" Thanos says to Loki, "I assume you have a preference."

"Oh, I do" Loki smirks, "Kill away!" Thanos sets the gauntlet on Thor's temple. The power stone glows brightly. Thor suffers in pain, Loki looks away from his brother's pain and has just thought for a few seconds, "ALRIGHT, STOP!"

"We don't have the Tesseract" Thor states, "It was destroyed on Asgard" Loki glances at Thor like he knows something he doesn't. He lifts his right hand into the air and the Tesseract reveals itself, "You really are the worst, brother."

"I assure you, brother, the Sun will shine on us again" Loki states.

"Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian" Thanos says.

"Well, for one thing: I'm not Asgardian" Loki states, "And for another, We have a Hulk." Loki dives out of the way as Hulk emerges and fights Thanos. Punches are exchanged and Thanos is forced into the wall of the ship.

Maw stops Black Dwarf from interfering, "Let him have his fun."

Thanos defeats Hulk and dumps him to the ground. Thor tries to interfere but Ebony Maw binds him to the ground, "Allfathers, let the dark magic flow through me one last time." Heimdall summons the Bifrost, which carries Hulk away.

"That was a mistake" Thor sighs, Thanos stabs Heimdall through the heart, "NO!!! You're going to die for that!"

Ebony Maw shuts Thor's mouth, "Shhhh" he holds the Tesseract, on one knee, "My humble personage bows before your grandeur. No other being has ever had the might, nay the nobility, to wield not one, but two Infinity Stones. The universe lies within your grasp."

Thanos crushes the Tesseract, revealing the Space Stone. He places it on the gauntlet, "There are two more Stones on Earth. Find them, my children, and bring them to me on Titan."

"Father, we will not fail you" a Thanos follower says.

Loki emerges from a separate section of the ship, "If I might, interject. If you're going to Earth, you might want a guide. I do have a bit of experience in that arena."

"If you consider failure experience" Thanos says.

"I consider experience, experience" Loki shrugs, "Almighty Thanos. I, Loki, Prince of Asgard. Odinson. The rightful King of Jotunheim, God of Mischief, do hereby pledge to you, my undying fidelity."

Thor squints and notices a dagger in Loki's hand. Loki attempts to stab Thanos, but fails, "Undying" Thanos repeats, "You should choose your words more carefully."

Thanos tightens his hold around Loki's neck. He makes eye contact with Thor before he increases his force on Loki's neck, "You will never be a god."

Thanos snaps Loki's neck, killing him, "No resurrections this time." Thanos teleports away with the Black Order.