Apologies

Peter walks down the hallway of his apartment wearing pink Hello Kitty pajamas and an oversized NYC tourist T-shirt. He knocks on a door, which May answers, "Hey."

May inhales deeply and storms inside, "I've been calling you all day. You didn't answer your phone. You can't do that. Then this ferry thing happens. I've called five police stations" Peter walks to May and stands behind her, "Five. I called your friends."

"I'm fine" Peter tells her.

"I called Ned's mother" May adds.

"May, I'm okay" Peter says, "Honestly. Just relax. I'm fine."

May stands and faces Peter, "Cut the bullshit. I know you left detention. I know you left the hotel room in Washington. I know you sneak out of this house every night. That's not fine. Peter, you have to tell me what's going on. Just lay it out. It's just me and you."

Peter's eyes fill up with tears, "I lost the Stark internship."

"What?" May says.

"Yeah" Peter sighs.

"What happened?" May asks.

"I just thought that I could work really hard and he could, he would, you know" Peter mumbles, "But I screwed it up."

Peter sits down on the sofa next to him. May hugs him and strokes him, "It's okay, it's okay. It's okay."

"I'm sorry I made you worry" Peter says.

"You know I'm not trying to ruin your life" May states.

"Yeah, I know" Peter sighs.

"I used to sneak out too" May tells him, May scowls, then leans in to sniff Peter's hair, "And take a shower. You smell. You smell like garbage."

"I know" Peter grumbles.

Olivia walks out of her bedroom with her toothbrush hanging out of her mouth and sees the note from her father, you're gonna need this. She smiles at the paper and continues to get ready for school.

"Peter, you're a good kid and you're a smart kid" the principal says, "So just try to keep your head straight, okay?"

"Okay" Peter sighs.

"All right. Get out of here" the principal smiles.

Peter takes his bag, exits the principal's office. Ned is waiting for him in the hallway, "Are you expelled? Do you have to go to that high school on 46th where the principal has a crossbow?"

"Pretty sure that's an urban myth" Peter tells him, "and no, I'm not expelled."

"You're so lucky" Ned sighs. They walk down the corridor.

Peter walks over to Olivia's locker where she's stood, "hey" Peter smiles.

"Hi" Olivia says quickly closing the locker and walking away from Peter before he can say anything else to her.

Peter is resting his head on the desk at detention. He turns to find Michelle holding up a sketch of him with a sad expression.

"Olivia" Peter calls as he tries to catch up with the girl for the hundredth time today. Olivia ignores him and picks up her pace before going into the girls bathroom.

Peter and Ned finish building the Lego Death Star in the orchestra practice room. Ned hands Peter the Palpatine figure, which Peter places on the top. They do a secret handshake.