Ashes

M'Baka bashes a Outrider, the ground game has improved considerably with the addition of the God of Thunder. His tribesmen are equally successful around him.

Thor is in the air, using Stormbringer on the Outrider drop ships which are now retreating. He is having considerably more success than the Wakandan Dragon fliers firing on the fleeing ships.

Wanda lands as she finally locates Vision, "Are you okay?" Vision flinches in pain before he can answer, "What? What is it?"

"He's here" vision tells her.

The wind picks up. It feels strange. Eerie, "Everyone, on my position. We have incoming" Steve says, he is joined by the Black Widow, Falcon, Okoye and Black Panther in short order.

"What the hell?" Natasha questions.

Bruce sees the blue-black clouds of a Space Stone relocation just before Thanos steps forward, and confirms this isn't just another member of the Black Order, "Cap. Thats him."

"Eyes up. Stay sharp" Steve says.

Bruce reaches Thanos first, lunging forward fist-first but Thanos uses the Space Stone on him, renders him immaterial until the iron Hulk is half-buried in the stone of the cliff behind him, and freezes Bruce in place.

Captain America is sent flying by purple energy before he even gets to strike a single blow. Black Panther, armor fully charged kinetically, leaps high and with claws extended, but is easily grabbed by the throat and punched to the ground, his armor discharging violently.

Falcon stoops, strafing with both pistols, but is felled when his wings become rubbery and unable to sustain flight.

"Wanda. It's time" vision says.

"No" Wanda replies.

"They can't stop him, Wanda, but we can" Vision states, "Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone."

"Don't" Wanda sighs.

"You must do it" Vision tells her, "Wanda, please. We are out of time."

"I can't" Wanda cries.

"Yes, you can" Vision says, "You can. If he gets the stone, half the universe dies."

"It's not fair" Wanda sighs.

"It shouldn't be you, but it is" Vision says, "It's all right. You could never hurt me." Wanda extends a trembling hand and starts beaming her energy at the Mind Stone.

War Machine joins the fight, firing his guns at Thanos until he uses the gauntlet to crush his armor around him and toss him aside.

Bucky runs in firing, and is punched away by the Power Stone. Okoye activates the vibranium-powered elements on her spear and flings it, Power stops it inches from Thanos, and throws her and it aside while wrapping Black Widow in unescapable bands of earth. Groot stabs his hands into the ground to wrap Thanos in cables of roots, which he breaks easily.

Wanda watches all this over one shoulder, and turns back to Vision to add her left hand to her tearful effort.

Captain America slides under one blow and comes up swinging his deployed arm-shields, punching Thanos in the gut and chin. He grabs the gauntlet, keeping Thanos's fingers unclenched Thanos looks very briefly impressed at Cap's efforts as he screams before slamming a fist into his head and rendering him insensible.

Wanda looks over her shoulder again and sees Thanos approaching unopposed. She swings her left hand around to fend him off with a stream of scarlet energy, and pushes him back despite his blue-purple energy shield, but then he starts to make slow headway.