Chapter ten: Simon

A few hours later Wilhelm, his bodyguard and I were alone in the house. Mom had been called in for work since they were short on staff and Sara had gone to the stables.

"What would you like to do today, Wilhelm?" I asked him. I held him from behind while he did the dishes. He had insisted on doing them, even if we were in my house. It made him feel normal, he had claimed. If it made him feel good I had no objections that he did it.

"Would you mind if I took you out on a date?" he said. I smiled.

"Are you asking me out on a date, Wille?" I said with a big grin on my lips. "How romantic." I teased. He turned around to face me and pulled me close.

"Well actually I am" he said. He looked at me, clearly hoping I would say yes.

"Where would this date take place then, sweetheart?" I asked him. We could not really go anywhere if we did not want to be seen.

"We could go out for lunch and maybe enjoy the nice weather. And maybe have coffée on the way back here?" he suggested. He seemed so excited. I wondered if that excitement had taken over his logical thinking. We had tried to keep a low profile outside of school for now. This was completely throwing that out of the window.

"That sounds really nice Wille, but have you not thought about people seeing us?" I replied.

"Well we are no secret anymore, are we?" he said. He stroked some hair behind my ear. I smiled. He really did not care anymore. He just wanted to take me out for lunch and have a nice time, as other teenagers our age did.

"I would love to go out on a date with you, Wilhelm," I said and kissed him. He laughed against my lips. He seemed so happy. He got his coat from the wardrobe and I put his scarf around his neck for him. I got my own silver down jacket, a scarf, mittens and my beanie out. Wilhelm tied my scarf with a nice knot around my neck and then he took my hand and we walked out the door. His bodyguard was two steps behind us. The bodyguard was not Malin or Per, who usually worked to make sure he was safe. Wilhelm was so used to constantly being on watch by now, but I knew he prefered when Malin worked. She made him feel safe and comfortable. They knew each other, as she had worked with Erik prior to his death. Wilhelm almost slipped on some ice. There was snow and ice everywhere, so I was a little impressed that we had not slipped before he almost did.

"Be careful, love" I said. "We can't have you break a leg, okay?" He giggled and took my other hand to get back his balance.

"I am going to try to avoid that," he replied. There was a pizza and pasta place close by and I figured that was his plan for the day. My intuition was right. I held up the door for him and we walked in. We looked at the menu for a while before ordering.

"So you like pineapple on pizza, huh?" Wilhelm asked me and I nodded. I laughed when he looked at me with big eyes, as if he could not believe it. "You know that is a foodcrime, right?" That made me laugh even harder. He laughed with me.

"Have you ever had pineapple on pizza, Wille?" He shook his head. He had ordered a pasta pomodoro himself. "Well, then it is time you try it."

"In your dreams, pretty," he replied. I kissed his cheek. The restaurant was almost empty. It was us, the bodyguard, a family of four sitting a few tables away and an elderly couple. The other guests had tried not to stare when we first entered. It was not every day the crown prince turned up to order food, I guessed. Now they only looked over at us when they thought we did not notice. But I certainly did notice. Wilhelm was probably used to it. He had lived with it every single day of his life. I was so happy I was not him. I would have gone crazy if I never could do things on my own without having everyone judging and watching me. A waitress came out with our food.

"A pasta carbonara and a Hawaiian pizza. Have a nice meal," she said with a big smile when she saw our intertwined fingers on the table . I noticed a little pride flag pin on her shirt.

"Thank you," we said. We ate our lunch and I managed to persuade Wilhelm to try pizza with pineapple. The look on his face told me he still thought it was a foodcrime.

*****

It was so cold outside that we did not end up taking a walk as Wilhelm had suggested. We went straight for the coffeéshop instead. We ordered and took it on take away and went back home.

"I want to cuddle, can you come over here?" Wilhelm whined from the living room. I was in the kitchen getting spoons for the coffeé and Wilhelm's hot chocolate. Apparently coffeé was another food crime he could not stand. I put the spoons down on the table and sat down as close to Wilhelm as I possibly could.

"You sure don't have much patience, love" I replied and smelled his scent on his neck and wrapped my arms around him. Soon enough we were kissing each other.

"No, I don't have any patience when it comes to being close to you, you know that," he said. I giggled and caressed his cheek with my hand.

"I have noticed that." I answered. "Good thing I have become as addicted to you as you seem to have become to me." His eyes sparkled as a dark night sky filled with blinking stars. I pulled him closer and kissed him again and he kissed me back. He always kissed me with so much passion, as if he kissed me for the last time for a very long time. But if I could decide we would kiss each other many times more.

"Should we drink our drinks before they cool?" I suggested. We sat up, I was practically sitting in his lap and sipped on my drink. I put on Netflix and we sat there trying to find a show or a movie to watch. We did not find anything and ended up just chatting instead. When our cups were empty we put them in the dishwasher and then I pulled him into my room. He laughed happily when I pushed him down on the bed and then climbed on top of him. I kissed him and let my fingers through his hair with one hand and tried to unzip his trousers with the other.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, before going any further. He nodded and kissed me back and responded by trying to get my hoodie off. I still struggled with his trousers, so he helped me with them and then proceeded to slip them off. We cooperated with his shirt and then my trousers until we were just in our underwear under my duvet. 

Author's note:

Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for reading, voting and commenting.