Chapter ninety five: Simon

"Yeah. So you will come by at like seven then? Will it be both you and Marcus?" I asked Sara on the phone. She had asked me if she could come by for dinner, which was not anything unusual. We had dinner at each other's place all the time.

"Yeah. He will come too." she replied. "Will Felice and Eline be there?" I told her they would. We had dinner as a family at least twice a week. We loved hanging out with each other. They were our best friends. The mothers to our children. The children liked having us all gathered too. And they liked having the parents they did not live with over, so that they could show us all their drawings and stuff they had done that they brought home from preschool. They even wanted the four of us to tell them good night when we were over at each other's places.

"That's nice. I have not had a chance to meet them for a while. Have had too much at work recently," Sara said. "We will see each other later then, Simon?"

"Yeah. See you later, Sara. Love you," I said.

"Love you too. Bye," she replied.

"Bye," I said and then we hung up. The kids would be so happy. They loved auntie Sara and uncle Marcus. And they loved Sara and Marcus's horses. Sara and Marcus had their own stables. Sara was living her dream life and I was so happy for her. She had her horses, her own veterinary practice and had a really nice boyfriend. They lived their life quietly, without getting into too much spotlight as my family. Their place was a safe space for us too. We could let the kids play without being too worried that someone would snap pictures of them there. I did not want the press to take pictures when we were in private. Wilhelm did not either. We wanted them to have some integrity. That they were allowed to feel like children. To feel free. Wilhelm had not ever felt free. We wanted them to have the most normal childhoods a crown princess and a prince could have. They would not be caught in the same prison Wilhelm had been in. Wilhelm came by my door in the office. He stood in the doorway, probably thinking I did not notice him spying on me. How he thought I would not notice him was a wonder, as he sometimes was as clumsy as a child who had just begun walking.

"The door is open, Wille," I said and looked up at him. He grinned and took a few steps inside.

"I take that as an invitation, baby. Even if I was told to not disrupt you since you had an important rapport to write," he said. He closed the door behind him.

"And it is boring as hell. Please come and save me," I said jokingly. He giggled and walked up to me and turned my office chair around. We were now facing each other.

"Let me see what I can do about that for you," Wilehlm said and began putting my papers away into an office drawer. "Look. Now it is not there anymore." I laughed.

"Now they are in a big mess and it will take even more time to finish now. But thanks for the effort baby," I said. I could not help but smile. How was it even legal to be that cute?

"Well I am the king and I say that you are released from the rapport duty for the day," he replied. He took my hands and pulled me up, into his arms.

"Thank you, pretty," I said.

"My pleasure, handsome," he replied. We hugged each other and little by little we began making out. At last that horrible rapport was not even on my mind anymore. I could only focus on his lips against mine. His hands were touching my body. The scent of his perfume that made me want him even closer than he already was.

**********

"So Sara and Marcus will come by for dinner?" Wilhelm asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah," I said.

"Nice," he replied. "Did you hear that, Lillian and William? Auntie Sara and uncle Marcus will come to dinner tonight." I could see the happiness in their eyes.