Chapter sixty five: Wilhelm

Simon and I were sitting in the damp sand on the beach. The sun was slowly rising over a new day. The sun painted the sky in a beautiful soft orange colour. How I loved spending the mornings like this. Hearing the waves hit the shore and birds singing in the trees. Feeling Simon leaning his head onto my shoulder and his hand massaging mine. It was the perfect way to start the day. So far away from home and all the commitments we had. Our honeymoon had barely started, so I had lots of mornings like this to look forward to. I imagined having this view all the time. I could not see how you could get bored by it. It was absolutely gorgeous.

"What do you want to do today, babe?" Simon asked. I looked out to the horizon.

"What do you say about a hike and swimming by the waterfall?" I replied. He nodded. Smiled. We wanted to take in the moment and enjoy the beautiful sunrise before we began the day.

"Sound's nice. What about some breakfast?" Simon said. He was already hungry. I could tell since his belly made small sounds. We helped each other up from the sand and walked inside the little house we had rented for the trip. It was just by the beach. Beautiful. Exotic. We made some sandwiches and I cut some fresh fruit into pieces. I felt Simon put his arms around my torso and smell my neck. I turned around and pulled him closer. He was so extremely pretty. And I was the luckiest guy in the world. I was the one who got to marry him. We hugged for a while, but soon we both needed more. I picked him up and made him sit on the marble countertop in the kitchen. He put his legs around my waist and his arms around my neck. I had a hand on his chest and one in his hair. Our lips met each other and we kissed until we were out of breath. His lips tasted sweet. Like him. We sat down by the table and ate some and then packed the rest in boxes that I put in my backpack. I also filled water bottles and put them into the pockets on the outside. We spoke a little about the nice nature that surrounded this magical place. Our tropical paradise.

"If we are swimming by the waterfall we should maybe bring swimming trunks and towels?" Simon said. I nodded.

"If you are not up for skinny dipping with me," I said with a grin. He giggled and kissed me.

"If we were totally alone here with no chance of being caught maybe," he replied and put swimming trunks and towels in his backpack. He also filled his water bottles and put them in the side pockets. We had security even on our honeymoon. Even though we were on the other side of the Atlantic and basically no one knew I was king here. But I guessed you could only be so careful. I was at last the one heir to the throne that was a descendant to the previous Queen. My mother. Her sister, my aunt, would have to take over if something were to happen to me. She had had the same position as I had with Erik. I had been royal, but not so important that I would ever matter in the long run. But how things had changed. I was now the star of the entire show. The difference between me and aunt Victoria was that my mother had not passed away before she had left children behind. Erik had passed before he had his first public relationship, even though the girls were crazy about him. I remembered how I had teased him about girls he had been seeing when I was younger. I missed him so bad. I wanted him to be there. I needed him, but had to learn how to live without him. He had not gotten to meet Simon. The love of my life. He had not seen me graduate. Not seen me turn eighteen. Not gotten to see me marry the man of my dreams. I was just as sad that I would never see him marry. That I would never be an uncle. I never saw my brother turn more than twenty one. That was just a year from where Simon and I were. I couldn't imagine dying in a year. I had so much I wanted to explore and see. You had only begun living at twentyone. Life was truly unfair. My brother had a heart of gold. We had been best friends growing up. And I loved him so much it hurt to know I would never see him again.

"Are you ready to head out then, handsome?" Simon said, waking me from my deep thoughts. I nodded and kissed him quickly before putting on real shoes, the first time in a week. Then we walked up a little path up into the beautiful forest. Malin and Per followed us as always. We stopped to look at so many beautiful things and Simon took photos of everything. When we had been walking for an hour or so we saw the waterfall. We changed into swimming trunks and stepped into the water beneath the fall hand in hand. A swim was cooling in such heat. We swam a bit and then Simon started splashing water at me. I took revenge on him and swam faster to catch him. We were both laughing at how childish we were both acting.

"I will catch you, darling. I promise," I said. He laughed.

"Prove it," he said and kept swimming. I swam faster and at last I got hold of his foot. I made it to his arms and then I had all of him in my arms.

"You are caught, my love," I said.

"Damn it," Simon said with a laugh. His smile was so beautiful I could not resist him anymore. I needed to kiss him. I pressed my lips onto his and he kissed me back. His arms were around my neck and I had mine around his torso. We kissed and we kissed. And I got more and more enchanted with him. The more I kissed him, the more I wanted. Every little touch made me want his body even closer. It was like someone had cast a spell on us. I could not function without him. He was like a drug I was addicted to. I was addicted to him.