Chapter eighty eight: Wilhelm

"Prince Simon, 22, was stabbed after a charity event in Circus arena is Stockholm, Wednesday afternoon. A person who is claimed to belong to the Nazi group that was protesting outside the event is suspected for the act of violence, that according to police had targeted the royal couple on homophobic and racist motives. The suspect was arrested by the royal couple's security and was later escorted from the scene with police. According to witnesses the prince was accompanied by his husband King Wilhelm II, 22, who was very shocked by the attack. Medics who had attended the event came to help until emergency personnel could arrive at the scene and described the king as very worried about his consort. A man says that the king called the prince nicknames and told the prince how much he loved him before and after talking to the 112 operator on the phone. The rumour that was earlier circulating about a potential break up between the two seems to be false based on the latest information," I read to Simon. There were mostly tabloids in the little shop at the hospital and our own faces were on at least half of the pages in them all. They took the opportunity to discuss our whole love story from the beginning to the current day. How we had fallen in love at Hillerska to how we had gotten married and had kids with our friends.

"What an adventure. So they at least got the news that we are not broken up," Simon replied. He laid in a hospital bed under white sheets. This time it was me who sat on the chair next to him. I was used to it being the other way around. He was usually in the chair and I was usually in the hospital bed. He was connected to different machines, checking his pulse and breathing and stuff I did not understand.

"Well it was a bit too much to have you almost dying to get those news out, don't you think baby?" I replied and he giggled.

"Well you know I like to be a bit dramatic sometimes, sweetheart," he joked. I laughed. Our fingers played with each other.

"You are my little drama queen. Aren't you?" I flirted.

"Well at least the drama prince," Simon said. I caressed his face. His skin was just as smooth under my fingers as it usually was.

"I love you so fucking much. Don't you dare die away from me," I said.

"I would not dare to, baby. I bet you would haunt me to the end of times," Simon teased. "On a more serious note I am actively working towards staying alive. I promise, baby."

"That better be true, darling," I said.

"I love you, Wille. I would not lie to you," he said.

"You switched out the pot flower in my office to a fake one and watched me water it for months, baby," I said. He laughed.

"Well since when is it a crime to pull a practical joke on your husband once in a while, huh?" he replied. "And you know you would have killed the real one in no time anyways. I did you a favour, love." We both laughed.

"I would not," I defended myself.

"Yes you would. There is a reason that I don't let you water the orchids in our bedroom, babe," he said. He was right. I had the fingers of death. At least if you happened to be a plant.

"Just because you have green fingers and I don't, you don't have to brag about it," I said. He giggled.

"Well there is something you do have," he replied. "Something no one else has actually."

"And what is that?" I asked.

"You have the key to my heart," he flirted. He was too cute. "You don't have to blush. We are fucking married." He was a tease, too. I loved him so much.

"I know that. But it is okay that I still have a crush on you, right?" I said. He laughed as he pulled me closer to him, so that he could kiss my lips.

"As I said. We are married, baby. You can just say that you are in love with me," he replied.

"I am in love with you. But I still have a big crush on you too," I explained.

"Meaning?" Simon asked.

"That you are the most handsome and sweet person I have ever laid my eyes on. And you still make me nervous like you did when we were sixteen. When we are apart I wait for you to text me and get warm inside when you do," I said. He grinned.

"Oh my god Wilhelm. You are the cutest human being on this earth, I swear," he said. "Come here and cuddle me, sweetheart." I laid down in his bed gently, so that I would not hurt him. His surgery had been successful, so I did not want to jeopardise that. I felt his hands on my body and his lips against my neck. It felt so nice to have him there, close to my body. To be able to feel his skin on mine. That it was warm. Alive. He was alive. Even if he was almost taken from me, the guy who hurt him did not succeed. It felt like we were teenagers again. That I held him after he was beaten up by Sara's old bullies. He had looked more roughed up that time. When his bandages were under the white sheets, you would not imagine he was so injured. But I was just as worried. Maybe even more this time around. A teenage gang could be dangerous, but a Nazi? Those thugs could be lethal.

"I want to kiss you, pretty," I said. Simon caressed my cheek with his fingers.

"So kiss me then, sweetheart," he replied, before crushing our lips together. I kissed him like it was the first time we kissed. As if it was the last. When I was lost in his arms with his lips against mine, I felt like I was walking on clouds. How I loved him. I wanted to be in his arms forever. I did not want him to ever let go.