Chapter forty three: Simon

"Wille has invited us to celebrate Christmas with him and his father this year," I said. I stabbed some more pasta gnocchi with my fork. Sara and mom looked at me with big eyes.

"Is it an invitation that you are extending to us?" Sara teased. "Or are we really invited?" I gave her a look. She dipped some pasta into the sauce.

"Yes you are really invited. Wille made me ask you to come, you know. I would not have anything against having him to myself the entire Christmas holidays," I joked. I did of course want to spend Christmas with my family, but my family had extended a bit since last year. Sara laughed.

"He is all yours, baby brother. But it was nice of him to invite us. Don't you think, mom?" Sara said. Mom nodded.

"It is very sweet of him. As long as he is sure about it," she said.

"Wille's last Christmas was terrible. He does not want to be lonely again," I said. "And we are the closest to a family he has except for his father." It was true. Sad, but true that at the young age of seventeen he only had his father out of his immediate family left. I was happy he came along so well with my family, well apart from my father who had been the lousy kind for most of my life. And Sara and mom had taken him in as if he was just supposed to be there. As if he had always been there. He would always be there. In one way or another he would always be a part of my life. There was not a life where he would not be.

"Well you better tell your boyfriend we are coming then," Sara said. "I have always wondered what the royal palace looks like, since I am the only one that somehow never has been there." Mom had only seen a little bit of the place Wille called home. When I was there the first time I wondered how he did not get lost on his way to the bathroom. Before going to bed that night I spoke to Wilhelm on the phone a bit. When he heard that there would be five celebrating Christmas, he was very excited. I wanted to give him new memories that would make Christmas less bad for him.

"Wille?" I said.

"Yes, Simon?" he replied through the speaker on the phone.

"I love you, but I am almost asleep now. I will come and cuddle you before school, okay?" I said. Wilhelm laughed.

"Okay baby. Love you," I heard him say before I must have fallen asleep, because I didn't even remember hanging up. When mom woke me up our call was still running. I heard WIlhelm breathe through the phone and I wanted to be there to cuddle him. I hung up and put clothes on and then mom drove us to school. It was barely 6 AM, but I would be able to doze off while cuddling Wille in his room. I greeted Wilhelm's bodyguard, who was not Malin that day. I was probably the only one at the school who could just walk in and out of his room without them stopping me. When I got inside his room he was sleeping by the desk. He had his face and arms on the table. I had thought he was layinn the bed last night, but apparently he was still doing his maths homework as his books were under him. I walked up to him and gently put a hand on his shoulder. He woke up by the sudden touch, but did not open his eyes.

"Should we get you to bed, honey?" I whispered. He nodded.

"Thank you, baby," he said. I put my arms under his and let him lean on me all the way to his bed. I put him to bed and laid down next to him. He wrapped his arms around me and then began snoring. He was so pretty, even with all the red little marks on his face from sleeping by the desk all night. I breathed in his scent and soon dozed off in his arms. When the alarm went off on his phone an hour later he was already awake and silently observing me.

"Thanks for helping me to bed earlier," he said.

"No problems, sweetheart. But don't make it a habit sitting late into the night studying and falling asleep on your desk, okay?" I replied. He giggled and touched my face with his fingers.

"I promise, baby," he replied.

"Good." I let my hand caress his chest and the other hand was in his hair.

"I need to take a shower I think. Do you want to join me and save some water?" Wilhelm flirted. It would probably just take more time being two in the shower, but I did not say that. I had actually not showered that morning, since I had to go out in the cold. And I did not want to ruin my hair by freezing it. Now I did not have to go out before it had time to dry.

"So you are thinking about the climate now?" I replied with a giggle. "Or do you just want an excuse to make out with me in the shower?"

"Why not both?" Wilhelm replied. I kissed his cheek. He was truly adorable. He climbed over me in the bed and pulled me with him. When we were in his bathroom he began undressing me. He began with my purple hoodie and kept on with my t-shirt and then my trousers. I continued by undressing him. He had a blue button up shirt on and dark blue trousers.

"Oh god. You are so beautiful, Simon," Wilhelm said while pulling me into the shower. He stood against the wall and wrapped his arms around my waist. He leaned in to kiss me and I closed my eyes, taking the moment in completely. We kept on kissing while the water rained down on us. After a while we had to get dressed and show up for breakfast.